In the "Wake" of GBS

• Anonymous
      November 8, 2006 at 1:39 pm

I am 2 years+ past the onset of GBS, and pretty much able to do the things I want to do, but some problems persist; here’s one of them:

When I first get an inkling
      I need soon to be tinkling
      It’s time to head straight for the “loo.”
      If I don’t quickly go
      Or I’m moving too slow,
      I may find myself watering my shoe.

Kathy K.
      11/7/2006

• Anonymous
      November 8, 2006 at 6:54 pm

Kathy,

Avery cute way to express it. I’m passing this along to my mother (90 yrs old) who has this same problem (as do many of her friends) for a chuckle.

• Anonymous
      November 8, 2006 at 8:15 pm

Kathy,

Thanks for putting a smile on my face with that cute little poem. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      November 8, 2006 at 10:38 pm

I’m still laughing (because it’s all to real sometimes!) ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ Thank you !!

• Anonymous
      November 13, 2006 at 2:58 pm

It happens to me all the time. Did not know if it was an age thing or from the disease. I did not have the problem before I got sick.:confused:

• Anonymous
      November 13, 2006 at 8:10 pm

I’ finding that the problem is diminishing as I get stronger. But a little levity doesn’t hurt(Well, unless you laughToooo hard, but that has probably happen to all of us even when we were much younger!) Kathy

• Anonymous
      November 13, 2006 at 9:39 pm

Kathy,

To be honest, Im most impressed by the use of the word loo …… I can only come to the conclusion you, or your family are not originally from the US .. Our family uses it everyday and I tend to forget when speaking to someone I’ve never met before ….. resulting in the usual laughter that lasts for what seems eternity. ๐Ÿ˜‰