If You Were Given a Wish for Christmas What Would it Be ?

• Anonymous
      December 21, 2007 at 11:32 pm

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=4][COLOR=purple]This is something I was just curious about, Here’s My Wish ![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
      [SIZE=5][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Palatino Linotype]I just thought I’d post this here to see what others would wish for. I have one thing I would wish for, it would be for Debbie to come back for 1 day. So I could tell her how much I really love her & miss her, I never really got to tell her that. My love for her now has grown even stronger, my days are just full of upset, heartbreak & heataches without her.

I ran into the Dr tonight at the office I clean & I got a nice Thank You card from him, it said Terry Ill be thinking of you this Christmas. You have taught me about love of one’s spouse this year. I’m sorry you had to give her up. I hope that you make it through Christmas without too much grief but that will be difficult. He also put a check in it for $150, see I don’t work specifically for him I work for an Industrial Cleaning Service. Every year he has given me a gift of money, He has told me many times I need to be given a special commendation, because I took care of Debbie all those yrs & I didn’t abandon her. That Dr is a very special person he originally came from Eastern Ky in the mountains, take my word for it he has a lot of patients. He is just a great person. I just wanted to share this & especially my Christmas Wish! So now I’m just curious about everyone else’s Christmas Wish if they were granted one.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE] [FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=5][COLOR=purple] As for the money I’m using a lot of it on Debbie’s funeral expenses, as I still owe $ 1000 on the balance, that’s a long way from the original cost of $7,245.00.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      December 21, 2007 at 11:55 pm

That was a wonderful & uplifting post, just to see that love doesn’t have to end at death. I also commend you for taking care of your wife; my husband did the same thing for me as I was almost total care for nearly 3 years. How many people told him that they didn’t know how he could do it, & that made me feel like a double burden. But we had already been together in a very strong marriage for nearly 30 years when I came down with CIDP. I would be able to return his favor just a year later when he was totally laid up with 2 back surgeries in 2005 for 9 months, & then 9 days in the hospital for appendicitis last spring. He developed paralytic ileus & it was a tough recovery. I was so grateful to be able to take care of him during that time.

What a lovely gesture from that doctor, just shows there are so many wonderful people left in this world. If I could have one wish, just one? I would wish to be a healer, secretly of course, so that I could cure people of their illnesses or infirmities. I would start with the youngest first, as it is so hard to see children suffer. But eventually I would want to be able to cure everyone on this forum of their pain & any disabilities. Not very creative, but what a wonderful feeling that would be…
      Pam

• Anonymous
      December 22, 2007 at 12:39 am

[color=”Indigo”][code][size=”4″][font=”Book Antiqua”]Terry, thank you for posting this. I am always so glad to read your posts because you are so honest and real. You make me grateful for life. If I had one wish it would be to know what really happens to us after we die. I just want so badly to know that when we die we are still able to know and feel those that we love. That would at least take some of the pain of loss away. I guess thats what faith is all about. Blind faith. Anyway, thats my wish. I hope you are able to get through this holiday with some joy of those around you who you can tell you love.
      All my best,
      Linda

• Anonymous
      December 22, 2007 at 8:22 am

Terry,

This is a very nice post. There are so many nice doctors out there and you’ve met one.

Since Pam is getting the wish to heal people, I guess I’ll wish for something else. After she touches Dell and heals him this would be my wish:

I wish Dell could be well enough to go to school so I can get a small part time, no brain power job, to continue to put the kids through Catholic school.

If I can have another wish, it would be so Dell could attend Catholic school, it’s not handicapped accessible right now.

I still want to be home with my children after school, just earn enough for tuition.

Lori

• Anonymous
      December 22, 2007 at 8:46 am

I am so happy to see this post. Thank you Terry. My wish would be that there would no longer be anger,hate,wars, That sickness would disappear and everyone was healthy.May Gods blessings be with everyone. (Steve)

• Anonymous
      December 22, 2007 at 9:07 am

I would wish for my 2 dead brothers to come back for Christmas. They died when they were teenagers of Pulmonary Fibrosis. One in 1976 the other in 1987. Also I wish for my Dad to be able to get out of his wheelchair and walk.

Sue

• Anonymous
      December 22, 2007 at 11:36 am

If I had 1 wish, I would wish that people did not have to suffer. That there be no wars, sickness or heartache. That everyone got along, so the world could be a happier, peaceful place. That all the children could be carefree and happy. That parents didn’t have to be so concerned about the dangers children in the world face today. That families stayed together and supported one another. That is my 1 wish.

Rhonda from Canada

• Anonymous
      December 22, 2007 at 2:40 pm

If I had one wish,it would be that I never would have gotten cidp. I would have had a normal childhood. I would not have needed to go through all those surgeries and going to the hospital all those times for ivigs,just to get sick afterwards. I could have been able to ride a two wheel bike and danced like my sisters:) I would wish not to have cidp,so right now I could be a normal 20year old and have all of my independance and not have to suffer.

My one wish-To not have CIDP:)

• Anonymous
      December 22, 2007 at 4:41 pm

There are so many things that I’d like to wish for but they seem too self centered, so I’ll wish for more of the compassions of my heart. I sponsor a child in Sri Lanka, Sunethra’s about 12 now and I sponsor a dog through a local animal shelter, Sixpense was born with four deformed legs. If I had enough money, I’d sponsor another child and another dog or maybe a cat. Pensions don’t stretch enough to do so.
      from my heart,

• December 22, 2007 at 6:10 pm

I wish for Kevie, what I wish for all of you, A CURE!
      Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      December 22, 2007 at 9:22 pm

[B]My one Christmas wish would be to have Frank and Marge back with us and healthy again. This is a hard time for me, I have been crying for 2 weeks now and have finally stopped again. It seems like only yesterday that I had my Frank and Marge with me. I also would love to have Donna Lee back in my life, she was an inspiration for me. [/B]

• Anonymous
      December 23, 2007 at 5:00 am

My wish would be for peace and brotherly love in the hearts of all men. Perhaps, then, research would move forward faster . . .