If you don’t have insurance, shop around for your meds.

• Anonymous
      July 24, 2006 at 9:26 pm

I understand there is a rule around here about not advertising and so forth. I am not associated w/ Costco in any way and have nothing to gain from this but, hopefuly if anyone else is uninsured at the moment and is having trouble affording their meds, the info can help out. I went there for the first time to get my Neurontin filled. I checked w/ my usual pharmacy, Sav On, first. For a 2 week supply (42 pills for me) it was going to cost just short of $70 bucks. The girl there suggested we try Costco instead. my price out the door was 22.04. I wish I knew of that kind of price before when I was trying Lyrica out. it was also close to $70 every 2 weeks although it might be that they don’t have or don’t/didn’t carry a generic or something.

If this thread is considered unappropriate around here then please accept my humble apology. As this is only my 2nd post here I could see how intentions could be misconstrued.

• Anonymous
      July 24, 2006 at 10:48 pm

Great post Jever, thank you

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      July 24, 2006 at 11:05 pm

Jever,

I think anything that helps the forum members is great! As for Costco, boy what would I do without them ๐Ÿ˜€ . I told my husband if we were ever to move, then we would have to chose somewhere that is no further than 30 minutes away from one. :rolleyes:

• Anonymous
      July 25, 2006 at 1:38 am

[QUOTE=ali]Jever,

I think anything that helps the forum members is great! As for Costco, boy what would I do without them ๐Ÿ˜€ . I told my husband if we were ever to move, then we would have to chose somewhere that is no further than 30 minutes away from one. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
      I’d never had been to one until I landed on my bum here in CA. my first trip to one was to pick up 2 pizza’s to take to my then surrogate family as a gift. I was at first a bit concerned that I was only spending 20 bones for 2 large pizzas or whatever. when we got there to pick them up I almost crapped! we ate those things over like 3 days…and there were like 5 of us eating. Costo r0x0rz my b0x0rz!

Today I was able to use my friends card to buy my meds. I was a bit hesitant to blow $50 for a membership since I’m a single guy and really don’t need to buy frozen meat by the ton but having seen how much cashola they can save me until I get insurance again….consider me sold. Next time I’m out that way I’m signing up for sure!

• Anonymous
      July 25, 2006 at 3:03 pm

My kids just love going there, 4 and 14 in ages. Reason : Free food … On the food side, there is always a lady or guy behind a little cart making something nice to try out and eat – good marketing. They obviously only give out little samples for people to try, but sometimes there are so many little ‘food stations’ around, the kids are full up by the time we leave. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Anonymous
      July 29, 2006 at 7:14 pm

Just a bit of information:

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE A MEMBERSHIP to use the pharmacy. Just let them know at the door you are going in for prescription medication.

Angela

• Anonymous
      July 29, 2006 at 9:15 pm

Great to see you again Angela! ๐Ÿ˜€ I didnt realize you could get a prescription from there if you didnt have a card, good to know for those who dont have one.

• Anonymous
      July 30, 2006 at 12:56 am

Just thought I would just in here too.

One of the local TV stations around here (Twin Cites, MN), did a story about this as well a few months ago.

They found that for people that don’t have insurance, both Costco and Sam’s Club have the best prices on nearly every generic drug.

And as others have mentioned, you do NOT need a membership for getting prescriptions in either place.

• Anonymous
      July 31, 2006 at 4:16 am

[QUOTE=ali]Great to see you again Angela! ๐Ÿ˜€ [/QUOTE]

Thanks! Life kinda of took over, John got sick and ended up in the hospital with a BAD case of cellulitis in his lower leg and there was a MAJOR role reversal for a while. I am still recovering from that!! I really didn’t realize how much that man does day to day around the house and for the family. I truly have more admiration for him now than I did a few months ago………

Now that school is getting ready to start, John (hubby) is getting back to normal, and my life is getting back to ‘normal’ I find myself with more time to help others. (You can’t help others if you can’t help yourself and I just had a REAL BAD ATTITUDE that others didn’t need to be subjected to….)

I truly missed this place and am glad to be back now that things are up and going again here.

Angela

• Anonymous
      August 1, 2006 at 10:18 am

Thanks for that info. I just filled my first prescription with no insurance-I will be sure to fill the next one at Costco.

• Anonymous
      August 13, 2006 at 1:26 pm

Here’s another example. My doc prescribed me 50 5/500 hydrocodone’s. Sav-On pharmacy said their price was $27 and change. Costco won’t give out the price on the phone but we were headed that way anyway so I went with my friend and asked about the price when we got there. I got my Rx filled for $9.36 after tax. [IMG]http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/images/smilies/thumb.gif[/IMG]