I"M FREEZING! BRRR! Numb fingertips too!

• Anonymous
      October 20, 2008 at 6:32 am

😀 Good morning family! Don’t know what happened to my nice weather here but woke up FREEZING TO DEATH! BRRRR! Dang! It’s cold this morning. Had to go run and grab an throw and then turn my heater on for the first time.
      Darn house is so cold that it’s taking time trying to get warm in here.
      Got the throw on around me but even my feet feel cold.
      And when I get cold, my fingertips get numb with no feeling. Wonder how many of you in here get that?
      Time for me to go outside my front step and grab a few logs and start a warm fire! I just dread popping my body out the door! Cold cold cold~
      Hugs
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      October 22, 2008 at 3:31 pm

I hate that. Only cure for me is a warm bath, though my neuro has made me get and use a pool thermometer to make sure I’m not inadvertantly cooking myself. I’m not supposed to go above 102 degrees, but sometimes I cheat and make it 104.

Ahhhh! 🙂

• Anonymous
      October 23, 2008 at 8:08 pm

My fingers and toes get numb and cold when it’s below 75 degrees.

I am very thankful that I live in the desert!

• Anonymous
      October 26, 2008 at 1:06 pm

Linda,

YES YES YES…

I can’t get warm fast enough. hands, feet and toes.

I think it is because of the nerve damage in the extremities. The nerves don’t send “too hot”, or “too cold” signals to the brain because they can’t tell anymore. As a result the brain doesn’t send the signal to allow more “warm” blood to the extremities, or to “sweat” if too hot. As a result the cold gets colder, until it gets down deeper where nerves work.

My worst temps are 64 degrees to the lower 50’s. I need gloves. People look at me like I am crazy, wearing gloves at 62 degrees, but I get s-o-o-o hand cold then.

I don’t do heat well either. Too much heat just exhausts me. I am drained, and get that way anytime in the 90’s, maybe the upper 80’s. As a result, I do very good in the spring and the fall.

Have a great day, I hope your football teams win, just win a little less than mine !!!

• Anonymous
      October 26, 2008 at 8:53 pm

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr Mondays high is 43 and they are forecasting flurries both days and might even have lake effect **** on Tuesday! Linda your making me cold! I do the layers thing! It was windy here this past week so I had to bring out the turtle necks and put my sweatshirt over them……..It takes me awhile before I get used to the cold and I can not tollerate the heat. Oh I am looking for my gloves now! I usually just pull my sleeve down over my hands or tuck my hands in my pockets. You do what you have to do! I don’t even worry about what others think…I am too busy stretching my sleeves and making them as long as I can! I can not go without a scarf. I will wear a scarf and a vest and keep my hands in my pockets too. But I still drive with the Window down in the car…..you can not tell I might have the heater on low! LOL :p

• Anonymous
      October 27, 2008 at 10:49 am

Hi Kitt! I love wearing those fleece pajama’s in the winter time and they are really warm. Getting out in the cold tough I hate getting out in it! I remember those 2 and 4 feet snows in PA! Blizzards! Total blizzards! If I am at home and not going out anywhere, I wear the mens flannel pj bottoms with a sweatshirt! They feel more comfortable than the womens pj’s and have a more casual look to them. I like wearing the sweats around the house alot too.
      The only thing about being cold is when I turn my heat up in the house, my nose gets stuffed up and then I can’t breathe good. So I like my heat turned down enough so I can breathe! Especially at night time. During the day I do okay but when sleeping, I hate being stuffy!
      I can’t stand anything on my feet either at night. Heavy covers on my feet drive me crazy! LOL! But in the house during the day I am wearing socks. At night the socks fly off!
      In a car if the heat gets too high my windows get rolled open too! Can’t stand that stuffy feeling too! Our highs today are going to be in the high 40’s too. Winter is no upon us! So is that Thanksgiving Turkey, Pumpkin Pie! Yum yum! LOL

• Anonymous
      October 28, 2008 at 5:45 am

Linda I have not got my thought wrapped around flurries and you are talking about snow and Blizzards! OH MY! Oh just let me get thru Halloween and cleaning up the leaves before we talk about the white stuff. Once I can get my head in gear then the change in weather is easier to handle. Since GBS I have been embarrassed to go out in the Summer. I wear socks, sweat shirts and slacks and still am chilled. Now wearing layers I know that is is cold here. High today will only be in the 30s. Back up on Thursday and Friday into the 60s for Halloween. No wonder we can not adjust! Hey Linda it just can’t be us! Can you believe that before GBS I liked Winter! I still do but just in the right months! My calendar still says it is Fall. It it snows I will take a photo for you! November then I start to think about decorating the fireplace and hot chocolate! For now I still have not has a cup of hot apple cider. I do notice that when my feet and hands are cold they start to burn more. I keep tucking them under things and in my pockets. Oh how I wish I had those PJs with feet in them! Flannel is not warm enough I am reaching for the polar fleece already! STAY WARM and take care!

• Anonymous
      October 28, 2008 at 6:55 am

We in Cornwall have a Winter Storm Watch issued by Environment Canada. I don’t have my winter tires on my car yet.

Sue

• Anonymous
      October 28, 2008 at 7:23 am

I had to turn my heat on this morning. COLDDDDDDDDDDDD! It’s at the freezing mark this morning too. In the 30’s. Can tell it’s cold too because my house feels chilled.
      And today I have to get out in it! Have to take my mom up the road to get a perm in her hair. 2 hours of being out in the chilly stuff. Don’t mind getting my mom out but hate feeling cold.
      Good luck on the storm Sue and Kitt! My hand in the real cold go completely numb. They get all dead feeling. Hope you warm up today some! Hugs
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      October 28, 2008 at 11:24 am

It is currently 28 degrees here & we have had snow on the ground for two days now. Up here in northern MN the winters are brutal, we usually have the lowest temps in the nation! Just wanted to make you guys feel better about where you live, LOL. If we hadn’t lost so much of our retirement money in the stock market, I would be down in Florida looking for a condo for the winter months. Hard to believe I used to love winter, it used to mean downhill skiing, cross-country skiing, ourdoor skating, & snowmobiling all day. Those days are now over, so for me winter gets verrry long…
      Pam

• Anonymous
      October 28, 2008 at 10:28 pm

Pam ok you put us all in our places…….you win……..you are responsible for the big chill that just went down my spine. We got our first flurries today.

Sue we are in this for the long run. If you want you can send this stuff right back up north for us down here below you!

Linda I am really surprised this cold is coming all the way down there already. This is way too early for this kind of thing! Want some snow flurries? Texas is worried about their young crop of cotton with the freeze they are getting down there. Talk about an artic blast!

Today it was 40 here and 30 mph winds that just made me feel like going back to bed. I got a great idea for us to dress as the mascot for your favorite football team……most of those wear those funfur outfits with the big heads. Those should keep you warm. Could you see the kids on Halloween seeing us come to the door with one of those costumes on? LOL

Take care and stay warm.

• Anonymous
      October 28, 2008 at 11:40 pm

Cold Cold Cold Cold Cold..that’s All I Gotta Say:d

• February 15, 2016 at 3:04 pm

We’ll tell you how to regenerate cartilage tissue! My story.

Regenerate cartilage tissue.
      Connective tissue disease.
      Hyaline cartilage.
      Knee joints.
      https://youtu.be/Udq__aSFV6s
      https://youtu.be/PCY_U5bOZrQ