I need to share good news!!

• Anonymous
      April 23, 2007 at 5:51 pm

Some of you may remember that I’m in treatment for hepatitis c – I talked to the nurse from my gastro’s office today and I’m RESPONDING TO TREATMENT!! Woo hoo!!!

It’s not a guarantee that I’ll go into remission, but it’s GREAT news none the less!!

Hurrah!! 35 more weeks to go.

katie jo
      who’s doin’ a happy dance!!

• Anonymous
      April 23, 2007 at 6:35 pm

i’m so happy for you. what is the name of the treatment you are on? are they infusions/pills, ? keep on improving!! doin’ the happy dance right along with you.
      love,
      deb

• Anonymous
      April 23, 2007 at 7:05 pm

Nice one Katie

What great news!

Onwards and upwards.

God bless

• Anonymous
      April 23, 2007 at 7:34 pm

Treatment consists of weekly self-injections of alpha interferon and daily doses of ribavarin (pills). I’m using the Roche Pegasys and Copegus (I think that’s right) meds.

Side effects can be [B][I]very[/I][/B] wicked – so far, mine have been manageable, but unpleasant. Treatment has said to be akin to chemo, though I’ve never done chemo, so I’m not sure on that.

None the less, I’m grateful that I’m undetectable at this point. 🙂

katie jo

• Anonymous
      April 24, 2007 at 12:46 pm

i’m so glad your doing so well with your treatment. i have autoimmune hepatits from my gbs. i just had another liver biopsy along with the removal of my gallbladder, last week. i take cell cept. i’ve had chemo. for the gbs. if my autoimmune hep doessn’t get under control, they want to start me on some NASTY drugs, i really don’t want to take. i’m glad you’re responding so well. best of luck.
      love,
      deb