I Need a Giant Hug

• Anonymous
      June 8, 2007 at 11:42 pm

Well, we had to put my mother-in-law in a mental health evaluation hospital today and my husband is really upset. She had a doctor’s appt. to get all of her prescriptions and she just totally flipped out while in the doctor’s office. He told us it was no other choice but to have her admitted and evaluated. This is really sad to have to do this and the bad thing is they get them up at 6:30 in the morning and they can’t go back to bed until 10:00 at night. This poor soul is 83 years old. How do you get over the guilty feeling of that.:confused:

• Anonymous
      June 9, 2007 at 12:23 am

This happened once to my Mother. She got her meds mixed up and lost it. After a week in the hospital for evaluation she return home in good shape. I hope and pray that you will have the same experience.

• Anonymous
      June 9, 2007 at 12:10 pm

Hello,
      Give it “one day at a time” right now. The doctor and you and your husband need to find out what happened. That’s why she was sent to the hospital. If you and your husband and other members of the family can care for your mother-in-law, she might be able to come home again. My prayers and my thoughts will be with you. We do what we have to do “BECAUSE” we love them.

[IMG]http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/9277/hugswhitebearfk2.gif[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      June 9, 2007 at 12:41 pm

Hugs mean so much to everyone! I am glad you shared. I had a family member that has a bad reaction to meds about a year ago. He did not recognize anyone in the family. He did not know his name, he thought it was something else. He was only 50ish and become very much like a person would be if they had a stroke. Could not walk….it was scarey! Now things are better within just a couple of days the Doctors got the meds out of his system. Hope all works out for your family quickly, like it did for our family!

Now if onlly I could post a cute picture here! [B](((((AJR)))))[/B]

• Anonymous
      June 9, 2007 at 1:23 pm

So sorry to hear of your difficulty…been there, done that!!!

At the very least, she will be evaluated and perhaps a med change will
      take place and she will be better., feel better and know it!

As we all know, nothing is easy…. take it one step at a time and
      all will be well.

Hang in there….blessings Maureen Boz

• Anonymous
      June 9, 2007 at 3:02 pm

Here’s a hug from me. I hope the hospital will be able to get her straightened out quickly.

Surely they have some provision for older patients that they don’t have to stay up that long!!! Have you or your husband spoken to the doctors about this problem?

Best wishes to you and to her.

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      June 9, 2007 at 3:30 pm

Thanks for all the hugs. Yes, we have talked to the doctor. This wing is called Senior Care and they still make them get up at 6:30 a.m. and go to bed at 9:30 p.m. They said she will be having activities and group meetings during the day. Yes, Codystanley we will care for her at home if they can get her straightened out. My husband has one brother but he is no part of her life now, so it is up to us. We had her at home and she has had some dementia, but the last two weeks she has really got bad saying we were stealing her clothes, etc. and we were going to talk to the doctor and see if he could give her something for it. We had carry her for a regular doctor visit to get her prescriptions and in the waiting room she started crying and by the time we got into the exam room she was hollering at me and my husband, so the doctor was able to see how she was acting. He said he needed to admit her and let them she if they couldn’t get her medication worked out with something to make control all of this. We feel a little better today because the nurse told us they have had other patients like this and they were able to put them on medication to settle them down. We really hope we can get some medication to help and bring her home to live her last years with family BUT they don’t know. He said they may have to send her on to a rest home. Just keep me in your thoughts and prayers!