I’m taking my toys & going home

• Anonymous
      February 7, 2010 at 3:37 pm

Deleted by author

• Anonymous
      February 7, 2010 at 6:35 pm

I am also taking a break from this forum hoping that the argument settles down and that people return to treating each other with kindness. By the way, my toys include a stethoscope and a name tag followed by the letters “MD, PhD” for, as my mother says, I am a “doctor, doctor” with both a medical degree and a research degree in immunology making it (ironically to many, I guess) very reasonable for me to comment on both medicine and especially the field of immune diseases even though I am not a neurologist. I have kept these toys hidden on this forum because I am a sojourner on this journey and in fighting this illness and that is more important than degrees. At least I thought so. Lots of people know I am a physician because at the last symposium, my name tag identified me as such.

WithHope that we can work together to help one another.

• Anonymous
      February 8, 2010 at 6:58 am

Emily & WithHope,
      You give some of the best advice to those that need it. Please make your absence short as I see new members are joining that could benefit from your input.
      With great respect to both of you.
      Shirley

• Anonymous
      February 8, 2010 at 11:05 am

Same here. Make your leave short.
      You’re both added so much/helped so many/listened well.

• Anonymous
      February 9, 2010 at 11:01 am

Sorry to mislead you.

Taking my toys & going home was supposed to mean that I am sick of the childish games & I’m stepping away for awhile.

The title was supposed to be a jab at myself.

I wouldn’t quit the site. And I wouldn’t ever think my quitting the site would make is stop functioning either. I don’t have a God complex…not yet anyway. 😉

Kelly

• Anonymous
      February 9, 2010 at 1:07 pm

Kelly,

I’m happy to have been wrong thinking you were leaving. 😮
      The site may not stop functioning if you quit but it would
      lack some good advice to those that want and need it.

Shirley

• Anonymous
      February 9, 2010 at 2:24 pm

Kelly,

I just want you to know that because of your suggestions I was able to change my IVIG. Without you I wouldn’t have known any other way.

Thanks to everyone that has offered suggestions and advise on the site.

Sometimes I don’t have the energy to post but do try to read the posts when I am feeling well enough too!

Rhonda from Canada