I’m sorry I posted Cured?

• Anonymous
      February 7, 2010 at 8:06 pm

Had I known the firestorm of controversy I would not have questioned the wording of someone else’s post… I think it is
      time to pick each other up, and heal the wounds…
      Thanks to this site, I sought treatment by Dr. Parry that I feel has really
      improved the quality of my life..
      Thank you GBS/CIDP Foundation.. Thank you Dawn Kevies mom, Emily’s mom, Kiwi Chick, RcMcgrath, and so many other’s (can’t remember everyone) while I was battling for my life.. And now I’m pretty good…. Thank God! Amen…

I hope we all find ourselves well someday…. Dean

• Anonymous
      February 7, 2010 at 10:36 pm

I was just curious as to the treatment that was ordered by Dr. Parry. I knew that you were doing quite well now, even back to snowmobiling. He was/is my neuro as well, but I haven’t seen him now since May of 2004. Duluth, MN just an hour from Da Range?

• Anonymous
      February 8, 2010 at 9:46 am

Thanks for replying Pam.
      Yes, I have tried to get back to where I was, with some ups and downs…
      I was on a schedule of ivig and methylprednisilone (pulse steroid) pill form.. Seems to have stopped progression, but still get some wacky residuals like
      most of us… This winter I got strep, and for the last 5-6 weeks, I had some
      issues where I went backwards a little, and have been trying to overcome it…

Haven’t done much snowmobiling this winter, but went sliding with the kids on
      a toboggan yesterday, and am paying for it today.. I hit my tailbone on one of those wooden slats.. Ouch! Next time, (if there is a next time), I’m putting a pad on that thing!

You make a good point.. I think once we get healthier, the need to visit the forum becomes less….

Dean

• Anonymous
      February 8, 2010 at 11:07 am

I am so glad that IVIG worked so well for you, I was just curious as to what Dr. Parry had used for a treatment plan for you. As for snowmobiling, it is so frustrating to me that we have all of this snow here, I know the trails are beautiful, but my husband’s back has been extremely bad this year. It went out once in November for 5 days (Thanksgiving week), & then once in January for 6 days. He had two back surgeries for fractured discs in 2005 & 2006, so it doesn’t take much for it to go out. So he is actually the reason we can’t get out, not me! We have a 4-wheeler with a plow, as well as a nice snowblower, but he has still had trouble keeping our driveway & deck cleared off, had to even hire someone to shovel the last time. We are leaving for two months in Florida on March 1st, so hopefully that will help him.

I have been on this forum so long that I have probably seen hundreds of people come & go. That is mostly a good thing, as they usually just get on with their lives…

• Anonymous
      February 8, 2010 at 11:18 am

[QUOTE=deanop]Had I known the firestorm of controversy I would not have questioned the wording of someone else’s post… I think it is
      time to pick each other up, and heal the wounds…
      Thanks to this site, I sought treatment by Dr. Parry that I feel has really
      improved the quality of my life..
      Thank you GBS/CIDP Foundation.. Thank you Dawn Kevies mom, Emily’s mom, Kiwi Chick, RcMcgrath, and so many other’s (can’t remember everyone) while I was battling for my life.. And now I’m pretty good…. Thank God! Amen…

I hope we all find ourselves well someday…. Dean[/QUOTE]
      Hey Dean I hope your recovery gets on track. You dont have to worry about what you posted. I think some think of this site as a chat and not a discusion. You have brought us back on track, including Alice. Some of us are on a lot of different sites and get caught up in what ever.I try to check site, because of, ounce you have gone through this stuff ,you are never the same. People like you, and Gene and a host of other “real people” helped me tremendously. When you need support or info that is what this site means. I have a loyalty to this site I dont know why. It doesnt matter why. I am 97% back to my old self and praising God for it. Alice needs to get her story out ,for her life has been consumed with this stuff. We all handle it in our own way. We should not be judgemental of how, we each of us respond, Alice I sure would not want to run into you as a police officer!!!. LOL Take care
      ron p[s I understand why some will take a break after that blow out that wasnt realy their fault. I also kept away after a couple days to refrain from throwing stones into glass houses

• Anonymous
      February 9, 2010 at 5:07 am

Hi Dean and Pam H.
      I often think of you both, especailly in relation to treatments and Dr Parry.
      Firstly am pleased Dean to hear you are out there in the snow with your kids etc, and given time am sure the tailbone will recover!!!!!!!!;)
      Thought i would share my latest complaint – just for a bit of lite relief. Full scale super huge blisters to my heels!!! (yeah thats all!!!!) and you wana know how come, cause i am out there smelling the roses – more accurately, training for one of New Zealands highest mountain races!!!! And having a blast! am still needing a few pills and potions here and there (fortnightly IVIG, weekly immunos, and weekly pulse steriods – 600mg) but heh is it a buzz and do i feel alive up in the middle of no-where!!!!!! Am still able to throw in a half marathon run without killing myself, as well as work in a great job, and be the best mum and wife i want to be!!!
      Hope everyone has a great year, and manages to find some roses to smell!!!
      All the best and heres to keeping looking to the positives of the future for us all!!
      (Pam I understand and support your thoughts on people moving on from the forum once they get their lives back etc,good on them – for me i am currently not living with any disabilities – but continue to keep an eye on the forum as i continue to keep up to date with treatment options etc, and for this I appreciate those who are willing to share)
      Many thanks again – and yes what a beauty day today.. a nice toasty 26 degree C!!!!! (hope you are all warm and cosy in the northern hemi!!!!)