I’m not usually one to whine………

• Anonymous
      August 11, 2007 at 9:12 am

I’m frustrated!!!!!!!!!! I had a really tough week. I’m pooped!!!! I hurt EVERYWHERE for the last few days, and can’t figure out why. Called my neuro and he made a call to my pain mgmnt Dr. and got me and appt. for Monday, thank God!! My hands are swollen, my feet are swollen, and I’m just exhausted. I’ve been on the couch with my heating pad for a few days now. The numbness in my hands is driving me nuts, as I haven’t had problems with that in a long time. I’m on 300mg of Lyrica and Norco 10/325 for pain, but all the sudden it just isn’t working!! Anyone else have sudden changes in pain mgmnt. needs?? One day I felt OK, and the next I didn’t want to move! My eyes even hurt!! VERY depressing. Hopefully the pain mgmt. Dr. will provide some relief.

• Anonymous
      August 11, 2007 at 2:49 pm

Marindee I know what you mean about constantly changing residuals. I am not on any pain meds and I experience all of those residuals you have mentioned right down to the eyes botherng me more some days than others. My symptoms don’t last long enough to get a doctors appoint. I just chalk it up to I have a different sensation than before and I take it as a good sign that things are changing from healing. I try to not look at it as damage but injury. I remember when I was completely paralized and did not feel anything so I like this much better. But that does not mean if I was in really bad pain that I would hesitate to get meds. I just had a problem coming through all this with the right description for each sensation to make someone understand. I once told them in the hospital that I had a pain in my leg and before I could ask for someone to move my leg it felt like a cramp…I was given morphine that knocked me out for that day! That was when I asked for PT to come to my room to work the muscle….I think I called it stiffness rather than pain the next time. Jake from rehab did a nice job of working all the discomfort out until I could get to the rehab facility. So don’t give up….work toward good results and give it time. It does get better! Soon you will laugh at all this when you get frustrated and you will complain and not say your sorry for whinning. I tell them I am not complaining, I am educating them to how I feel so they understand! LOL

• Anonymous
      August 11, 2007 at 11:14 pm

mardinee,

sometimes our body gets used to a med & it ceases to be effective. you might ask your pain doc abt trying neurontin along w amitriptiline. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      August 11, 2007 at 11:23 pm

[COLOR=red]Would some ice cream help?[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR]
      [IMG]http://www.bibleplants.com/Images/f2006/tnw_fud22961.JPG[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      August 12, 2007 at 10:28 am

It sure would……………icecream is always good!

• Anonymous
      August 12, 2007 at 3:47 pm

Marindee,

I am sorry to hear that you are hurting. That is a very low dose of Lyrica, perhaps you could call your Neuro and get the dose upped to see if that helps. I take 600mg/daily currently and that seems to work for me with little or no side effects. Take care of yourself.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      August 12, 2007 at 11:17 pm

Thanks Jerimy! I have an appt. with my pain mgnt. Dr. tomorrow and I bet thats one of the first things he will do. I feel like I’m taking more norco than is normally needed to “get it under control”. I’m also much more fatigued than normal, a little scary really. It’s been pretty hot the last couple of days and that probably doesn’t help much either. Thanks again.:)