I’m home from Chicago now, too.

• Anonymous
      November 10, 2008 at 8:25 am

Hello everyone.

Wow. What a weekend. We took a delayed flight and got a free roundtrip tix within the US for doing so.
      I am TIRED today ! Our delayed flight was only about a half hour longer to wait but we flew in to Lincoln, NE, which is fifty miles away. Worth it for the free ticket.

Now, for the symposium. What an awesome group of people…from the folks on our forum to the others we’d never talked to before. I met so many people and grew quite fond of them quickly. Two very special ladies from Tennessee…one said she’d be joining our forum. Like Dawn said, there were many recruited. 🙂

I need to say how much I truly admire Sherry/Stormy for all of her dedication to Liz over the weekend.
      Liz is such a gem and Sherry was her angel for the weekend. I have a feeling Sherry is always an angel.

Dawn, my sister wants your email address…I told her I’d ask you to send it to me.

I am really tired and cant type much this morning. We learned some, already knew some, etc when it came to the meetings. I learned alot of other things from the people. I learned that it is imperative to get diagnosed…or at least treated asap …treated aggressively. I learned that it’s ok to be the way I am…slow and with a cane…scared, confused, uncertain. Because, I’m not alone . I learned that every day is going to be what I make of it and I shouldnt dwell on being sick but rather have hope and realistic goals.

My sister and I went in to the city on Saturday night. We took a one hour train ride into downtown Chicago and went shopping. I was so wiped out but I made it and we had fun.

It was great meeting everyone …our forum family and fellow patients within the foundation.

I”m tired so will have to write more later…others will come along with their info, I’m sure. I think they will post a summary of everything on the website, too.

Before I go..one other thing I learned is that our forum family is just as great in person as they are on line.

A very friendly group of people.

Stacey

• Anonymous
      November 10, 2008 at 8:27 pm

Hi Stacey,

So you made it into the city, We were wondering how you made out.

We went up to Shaumberg at ate at the Cheescake Factory. Never did eat the cheesecake. Good food there if your willing to wait.

Way to go getting the free tickets, you didn’t have to wait very long. Cool!
      Now you two can go elsewhere for like a year right?
      Alot of people like to do that. I never tried it, always want to get home asap.
      OH, If you remember that one song from the Karaoke night, could you let us know the name.
      Glad you made it home OK. thanks

• Anonymous
      November 10, 2008 at 9:02 pm

Hi guys,
      I made it home sunday night around 6;30. I was so sick and tired. I got sick saturday night when i rode into the city with ben and shannon. Not sure if it was a combination of being exhuasted and motion sickness but it carried over until today. The plane rides were about to do me in by the time I got back to columbus and then had to drive home…but it was worth every minute of it. I had the best room mate in the world and it was great to meet Tim and Debbie and thank them for their generosity.

and meeting everyone..OMG I just couldn’t believe how everyone touched me in such a short time. Stacey I know what you mean about feeling ok about your self after seeing everyone else. Each of you are soo special and it’s great to be able to put a face to the name. I made life long friendships and can’t wait to possibly do this again. I have set my GBS piggy bank on my desk and told everyone that pig is for me to attend the next symposium so anyone that can contribute their change I wuold appreciate it. So hopefully I will be prepared for the next one.

Take care guys and may god bless each and every one of you.

talk more after i’m rested.

• Anonymous
      November 12, 2008 at 8:02 am

Sherry, I hope you’re feeling better. I think the piggy bank thing is a great idea ! Maybe I’ll do the same.

Tim, which karaoke song ? Severe brain fog this morning.

We had a great time in the city.

I’ve never been to cheesecake factory but we are going there tonite for hubby’s bday dinner. We’ve had one in Omaha for at least a year.

I’m trying to think of things to add to the notes of everyone…cant add much, however, I dont see anyone saying anything about the emotional aspect.

take care guys !!!

Stacey

• Anonymous
      November 12, 2008 at 8:05 am

oh, and the free ticket. I dont know if we’ll use it together or use it with our spouses this time. My sister and I used to go to Scottsdale about 4 times per year. We had tons of fun doing that. We’ll see.

I want to take my son to Disney World. We have a year to book it and then like 6 mos or something to use it. So, we could wait 16 mos I guess…just have to book within a year.