I’m going to be a grandma again! Yahooo!!!!!!

• Anonymous
      October 15, 2008 at 8:37 am

My daughter-in law called me last night. My poor son is in the Navy and is out to sea right now on a Submarine and does not know the news just yet! Boy is he going to be coming home to alot of news. His mom having thyroid cancer and having surgery while he was away.
      But!!!! When he comes home! He’s going to be in for a huge shock! We’re going to have a baby! ๐Ÿ˜€
      I”M GOING TO BE A GRANDMOM AGAIN! ๐Ÿ˜€ She told me last night that she got sick a few weeks before he left for duty and had missed her cycle. But was in denial of being pregnant! They both wanted to wait a while longer before having children! But….oh well! Accidents happen! So she was most likely 6 to 8 weeks pregnant then and had not been checked yet.
      They are going to do an ultrasound next week to see about how far long she is! She’s had problems before with irregular cycles and is a little overweight. Not bad overweight but is a little chubby! She noticed herself getting sick alot but has been gaining weight and decided to get checked out.
      So we are either going to have a baby around the time he gets back home or shortly afterwards! ๐Ÿ˜€
      Gosh!!! I hope I am well enough and doing great around that time frame because Linda here will be taking her first trip to Florida! ๐Ÿ˜€
      I have got to get myself fit again! I sure hope Duke does not take a long time with me and pray I don’t need any IVIG’s and long term care! I’m praying this thyroid was the cause of this CIDP and I am on the road now to getting better!
      My youngest grandbaby is now going on 4 years old. So I have not seen a baby in a while. Just wished they lived closer by! But! Can’t do anything about that!
      I’m praying I am well by then to take a trip to Florida! So now I have to fight to gain my health back so I can go to Florida! You bet I’m going to do it! LOL!
      Was dying to tell you all this morning!

• Anonymous
      October 15, 2008 at 8:58 am

Congratulstions Linda! Keep fighting you will get there, things are looking better for you already. Nothing like a new baby in the family. The softness, baby smells and sweet coos!
      Blessings
      Shirley

• Anonymous
      October 15, 2008 at 12:51 pm

Congratulations, Linda. Good news to keep your spirits up. ๐Ÿ˜€

• Anonymous
      October 15, 2008 at 1:08 pm

Congrats! A baby brings renewed life!

• Anonymous
      October 15, 2008 at 2:51 pm

You really deserved this good news, Linda!

• Anonymous
      October 15, 2008 at 7:58 pm

I’m so excited! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€
      I called her again this afternoon and asked her some questions about how far we think she might be. By what she is telling me.. we think she is now maybe going on 4 months but might be 2 weeks earlier or later.
      She suspected it a month ago but just did not see a doctor about it. Was hoping her cycle would come around. She’s been known to go 3 months and not have a cycle. She’s done it before several times already. Running to the doctor and getting checked out thinking she was pregnant.
      She was on that Depro Vera birth control several years back and it messed her cycles up so she switched to something else because she gained alot of weight from it! Been off it a while but never got normal cycles back. That Depro Vera shot really messed her up. She told me she hated getting that shot! It caused her alot of problems.
      My son was home on leave but was not home that long so we know now it’s about 4 months. Maybe 4 1/2. But we are thinking 4! Because of her symptoms. She’s gained weight but not really showing. So that sounds more like 4 months. Maybe 3 1/2 months! I guess the untrasound will give us better answers! Ohh! I’m dying to know what that ultrasound tells us! Girl or boy! LOL!
      The only thing I worry about is her being in Florida by herself and not having any family around. Her parents live in Connecticut! So both parents are out of state here! I told her if she needed to come and stay with us she would be welcomed!
      She works though and can’t leave her job! But she’s welcome anyway!
      Now I can try to make some baby clothes. Going to enjoy buying baby stuff! ๐Ÿ˜€