I have something living underneath my house! Skunk maybe! LOL

• Anonymous
      May 28, 2009 at 7:09 am

For the past few days while my husband and I have been working on our food pantry I have been hearing this weird chirpping noise. It’s not a cat for I know how they sound.

It’s not a bird or bat either! It almost sounds like a Raccoon or Squirrel. Have heard squirrels before with their chirpping and it really does not sound like that. But whatever it is, the thing has gotten into the bottom insulation and sounds like it has had babies! Don’t know if a Possum makes noises like that!

I swear it sounds like a Raccoon. Andy is going to go buy an animal trap today and see if we can catch it. Going to let him handle that one just in case we have a Momma Skunk living under our house! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

I don’t think I can handle getting sprayed by a skunk. Then we have found some baby kittens living in our wood pile. 4 of those little rascals. They are really cute! Two of them have a tan looking color Then there are two grey ones. Look to be about4 or 5 weeks old. Not really sure but they are small. At least 4 or 5 weeks. They are people scared though and won’t come near you! Going to try and find them a home. I can’t take anymore cats in right now because I already have enough. Mght place an ad in the paper and see if I can get them a home.

Wish me luck on my hunting experience. Will be excited to see what it is living under our house and plan on taking pictures! LOL! Hugs
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      May 28, 2009 at 8:00 am

Ohh! If it’s a skunk I am going to make sure I am standing at least 25 feet away from Andy and the house taking pictures! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€
      They stink really bad when they spray! LOL!

• Anonymous
      May 28, 2009 at 2:30 pm

Ohh! Figured I would add this to my posting instead of starting another one. Getting one step closer to being at the halfway mark to my goal of canning projects! Today I now have 176 jars of food canned and now only have 189 left to go! Woo Hoo! ๐Ÿ˜€ So so close to the half way mark! I have two more major meals to cook and can and then the rest will be Jellies, Preserves, Pickled Beets, Squash, Carrots and Zuchini! I use the small jelly jars for my Preserves and Jellies and most of the canning jars will be in those tiny jars! So my worst part of canning is almost over with. But!!!! When the end of June gets here, I will be breaking my back picking fruits and veggies and then canning my brains out. Then towards the end of August I have fig trees that will need picking and preserving and that is every other day for a solid month!I sure hope God Blesses me this summer and lets me achieve this goal! I have never canned 365 jars before and this is my first time trying to do so. Have canned stuff before but when I could and felt like it!
      This is also good physical therapy for me making my arms stronger and I sure can tell a big difference from last summer to this summer. Even though I have my good days and bad days it seems like so far this year is seeing more good ones! Finally! And boy am I glad!
      I hope next week I can get another meal canned. Today I canned 18 pints of Homemade Beef Stew! Next week is either going to be Chicken with Onions cooked in Olive Oil or my husbands favorite Bush’s Baked Beans made Linda Style! But I sure won’t tell Duke my recipe secret!:D

• Anonymous
      May 28, 2009 at 11:56 pm

Skunks and coons chatter-kinda sound like a higher pitched momma jabber sound. oppossums do make a weird chitchat sound with a slight hissing with it. I would get the tomato juice ready just in case hubby dearest gets momma mad-coons and oppossums will give off a nasty smell too:eek:
      can’t wait to hear how this comes out;)

• Anonymous
      May 29, 2009 at 2:02 pm

Hubby has not set the trap under the house yet! Waiting for the weekend! But we set the trap by the wood pile trying to catch those kittens and this morning we had one of our neighbors cats in the cage! So we set her free! She indeed has not had any babies. After I looked at her I could tell she was not a momma cat!
      And today I have not seen the babies come out. It rained yesterday too really hard so they are either hybernating and waiting for it to dry some or the momma cat might have moved them somewhere else. I hope we catch them. I hate seeing kittens with no home. Pumpkin when we found her she had tape worm and fleas all over her body. She was eat up with them. Very malnourished too! The sad thing is where I live we sometimes get really bad droughts in the summer and half these kittens that get born end up dying from starvation or get sick because of fleas and tape worms unless they have a caring home that gets them fixed and gives them flea meds and feeds them right. These kittens will most likely die if we don’t catch them.
      But so far only one creature caught and that was not what we were hoping for! LOL!