I had gbs when I was 9 yrs. old

• Anonymous
      August 6, 2006 at 5:38 pm

It all started with numb feet, few hours later week legs and could not eliminate at the bathroom at all for at least 1 week after entering the hospital and stayed there 6 weeks. The doctors gave me intraveinous and a spinal tap – 2 actually. they controlled my paralysis to my waist, they were preparing for a tracheo but didn’t need to. I had to learn to walk again. Up to this day – 33 years after I was sick it left me with a weak bladder. My bladder cannot hold a lot at a time- just a little and I need to go- fast..But besides that everything came back to normal….

I had gbs when I was 9 yrs. old

• Anonymous
      August 6, 2006 at 5:37 pm

It all started with numb feet, few hours later week legs and could not eliminate at the bathroom at all for at least 1 week after entering the hospitaland stayed there 6 weeks. The doctors gave me intraveinous and a spinal tap – 2 actually. they controlled my paralysis to my waist, they were preparing for a tracheo but didn’t need to.I had to learn to walk again. Up to this day – 33 years after I was sick it left me with a weak bladder. My bladder cannot hold a lot at a time’ just a little and I need to go- fast..But besides that everything came back to normal….