I got my Christmas present!

• Anonymous
      December 10, 2007 at 12:52 pm

We put the Christmas tree up Saturday and Sunday. Dell would take an ornament from the coffee table and walk, without holding onto anything, to the tree and put it on the tree. He would turn around and come back to the table. I measured it, it was about 4 feet.

We are so happy for the little things that he does. He still wears the helmet when he is mobile and we’ve only had 1 fall with it on. It was a minor fall but without the helmet, it could have been alot worse.

Dell is 3 and has never walked more than about 10 feet.(for the ones who do not know Dell)

This is my early Christmas present and if I don’t get another thing, I’m happy with that.

Love, Lori

• Anonymous
      December 10, 2007 at 1:55 pm

Oh Lori! I have tears in my eyes. I cannot even imagine the joy that you felt watching Dell do that!

Give that sweet little boy a hug from me. He’s come a long way this past year. He’s such a trooper & a fighter!

Merry Christmas!
      Kelly

• Anonymous
      December 10, 2007 at 2:20 pm

Lori,

That is soooooo wonderful! Take lots of pictures. I am sending vibes full of all good things to come during the holiday season and the new year for your precious little trooper. (always thinking of you and Dell as I read/research new discoveries)

We also are having a wonderful holiday – this is the first x-mas that my daughter can walk, and is not in the hospital, after 2 years of almost complete isolation. We feel we are blessed with a true miracle.

Best wishes to you and your family for a joyous Christmas filled with the patter of little feet.

cd

• Anonymous
      December 10, 2007 at 4:18 pm

Lori,
      I just wanted to send you a hug. Now you know what I’ve meant when I’ve posted about my “BIG” little improvements.

[IMG]http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/7531/snowmanrb0.gif[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      December 10, 2007 at 4:27 pm

Lori,
      That is such wonderful news!!! I remember when I first tried rehab again (after being in a power chair for 2 1/2 years) & found out I could actually walk with a walker; then two canes, now mostly nothing. How wonderful it feels. I also remember when my now 26 year old with spina bifida first walked with a walker at age 4; what a joyous feeling that was. How different many of us with disabilities look at what is really important at Christmas, I am soo happy for you & Dell. Give him a hug from me & tell him it is from somone who cares very much about him up in northern MN! Have a blessed Christmas!
      Pam

• Anonymous
      December 10, 2007 at 5:34 pm

What wonderful news. God is truly good. Hopefully it will be a longer walk each time.

• Anonymous
      December 10, 2007 at 10:03 pm

[SIZE=3][COLOR=red]WOOOHOOO!!!!! Way To Go Dell!!!!:D That is just AWESOME!!!!:cool: HUGE HUGS!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE]

• Anonymous
      December 11, 2007 at 4:54 am

Dells Mom,

Ya know, I don’t post often anymore, but, when I read [B]this[/B] one….( and I keep up with Dells progress EVERYDAY), I too,….. got choked up……what an acccomplishment and joy of encouragement you received from that !!!!!
      What an EARLY Merry Christmas present :):).

As always…… praying and thinking of Dell……………….

Per (from Joshua, Tx)

• Anonymous
      December 11, 2007 at 7:55 am

That is SO GREAT, Lori!! Thanks for sharing this good news! Hooray for Dell!

• Anonymous
      December 11, 2007 at 12:38 pm

Dell is sitting on my lap as I type. Thanks for all the hugs and best wishes. I showed him the snowperson that CodyStanley sent, he loves all the Christmas decorations. He wanted to know who Emily was. He wondered if she was his babysitter, lol.

Thanks again for all of your posts. It is so nice to send good news to you, hopefully 2008 will bring good news for everyone.

Love, Lori

• Anonymous
      December 11, 2007 at 1:05 pm

Merry Christmas! That is terrific news! Congratulations to Dell! He was probably as excited as you were. 😀 I’m glad you got a present early.

• Anonymous
      December 12, 2007 at 7:18 am

Wonderful news…

My wishes for continued improvement !

Stacey

• Anonymous
      December 12, 2007 at 10:16 am

that is awesome. dell sounds like a wonderful little boy and I bet he will be running around sooner then you think!
      mj

• Anonymous
      December 14, 2007 at 12:49 pm

Bravo Dell!! I’m sure Santa will be good to you, Dell. Sounds like he has already brought a gift to your Mom and Dad. Keep up the progress. 2008 should be a good year.
      Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year.
      Andrew