I Am Sooooo Tired!!!

• Anonymous
      August 28, 2008 at 10:33 am

I suffered some fatigue for over 20 years, but the last year has been dreadful. Some days I am so tired that I have to take a nap just to be able to keep going. Have any of you noticed the fatigue getting worse as you aged?

boomerbabe, AKA Susanne

• Anonymous
      August 28, 2008 at 10:44 am

I have bouts of severe fatigue too. I can take a nap just about anytime.

I work graveyard also, which may explain some of it. I can sleep 10 hours and then go right back to sleep.

Late evening naps before I go to work are the norm now. I would never do that in the past.

Chris

• Anonymous
      August 28, 2008 at 11:06 am

I find the heat of the summer exacerbates the situation, bringing on GREAT fatigue. I can only make it to about 1pm, then find myself so weak I must sleep for a few hours.
      Labor Day is just next week, and reminds us in this area, our hottest month of the year is upon us, (San Diego).
      I do not like air conditioning, but find it is a must when it gets too hot, which is why I only have it in my bedroom.
      I dread summers now…
      Ken

• Anonymous
      August 28, 2008 at 12:54 pm

Ken,

I have been worse this summer. You might be right about the heat. I live in Maryland and it gets hot and humid.

Legion,

I often don’t sleep well but even when I do, I am still fatigued.

Susanne

• Anonymous
      August 28, 2008 at 1:26 pm

You guys are all so right, yesterday I was so fatigued I was in bed most of the day. Tues. I felt great and yesterday was ugly. I slept sall day & today I am shakey. Thats why I just take one day at a time.

• August 28, 2008 at 3:46 pm

Sleeping has become a new sport for a lot of us, if not all of us. The past few days just going to the grocery store leads to a 3-4 hour nap and I still look forward to bedtime. For awhile I didnt have to nap and that was pretty cool. Yesterday was my 4 hour nap, went to bed about midnight and got the kids off to school for their first day…and went back to bed till after noon. I am feeling pretty darn good with all that sleep! I hope I dont get worse as I age…I’ll never get out of bed! But, the heat of summer is an energy sapper for sure. I moved from southern california to Idaho and wouldnt ya know it, we have record highs and humidity the past 2 summers. BUT on the bright side, evenings and mornings already have a nip to them and our hottest part of the day is mid to late afternoon then it starts cooling off. I love that part. 96 afternoons for about 4 hours and then it dips down to the 60’s. I am definitely looking forward to fall and winter (maybe we will get another record snowfall this year!!).

• Anonymous
      August 28, 2008 at 7:26 pm

I too find I get more tired now. I am 54 but seem to need that pm nap. It is hard when I have to be at work. I have learned how to power nap. I can curl up in a chair and hit deep sleep in minutes, stay there for about 15-20 minutes and then I can keep going. I am not sure how I learned it but it is happening and I am taking it!

I am also physically tired alot of the time. It is an effort somedays to just get off a chair. If I could just sit and not move….I would be in seventh heaven. The next day I may have energy to burn.