I am ill w/something, called neuro

• Anonymous
      August 14, 2006 at 6:04 pm

Hey all. I have been feeling real crappy since Friday. My muscles fatigue/cramp up after doing nothing, lower back pain, nausea, and no appetite. Actually I try to eat, and then when I start, feel sick. My GP is on vaca until Thursday, so I called the nurse @ neuro office, and told her what i felt. He faxed me (office 45 min away) bloodwork for tomorrow am:

CBC/diff, CMP, TSH, Homocystiene, B12, folate, methylmalonic acid. ugh. how many vials this time??!! ๐Ÿ™ Anyway, I am scared. The back pain comes and goes, but is in general area of kidneys, and my arms/legs feel like crap. I hope this is just another fatigue episode exacerbated by a stomach bug. I will post a followup when I get my blood results. I was hoping to return to work full time next month, but I dont think it’s gonna happen. Not with two kids to take care of, I think I am going to have to stick with three days, four at most.

• Anonymous
      August 14, 2006 at 6:32 pm

Maybe you have a kidney infection or something like that; that needs antibiotics. I hope you feel better soon. ๐Ÿ™‚

Sue

• Anonymous
      August 14, 2006 at 11:02 pm

keep us posted

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2006 at 11:13 am

Thanks –

I went for the bloodwork this morning, they were ordered STAT so I should hear this afternoon. I am still feeling crappy, alot of pain, now more in the shoulder area, and my heart beats hard and fast after gong up steps, etc. Also my face around my eyes are real puffy – ugh. Will post after hearing something again.

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2006 at 2:12 pm

Hello Cara,
      I am just wondering about something, you posted that you called neuro’s office. Did your GP send you to see a neurologist and since you are here on our forum, does your GP suspect GBS or CIDP? If your GP or a neurologist think that this is what you might have, you need more then blood work done in order to diagnose. Bloodwork is usually done just to rule out other possibilities. These tests are done to diagnose…EMG’s and NCV’s, lumbar puncture and MRI’s. Keep in touch with us, we become a family here. If you post where you live, the foundation or one of us will put you in touch with a liaison in your area and we may even have a member in your area.[IMG]http://www.wtv-zone.com/CyberGranny/Bears2/Hugs4You.gif[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2006 at 3:53 pm

Hi codystanley-

sorry my post wasnt more in depth – I had GBS in February. Been making a decent recovery but have been ill since Fri. The bloodwork came back OK, I feel a tad better this after, but still not right. My arms, hands are really bothering me, and got tired from cutting up a steak. So, if I am worse in the am, I have to call my neuro and prob he will see me.

• Anonymous
      August 21, 2006 at 3:16 pm

Sorry, to hear that your not feeling well. I too get that pain in my lower back near my kidneys off and on. I’m not really sure what it is, I try to drink lots of water but it just seems to come and go.???? I had GBS in July of 2005.

• Anonymous
      August 21, 2006 at 4:16 pm

Hi cara,

I know at least, that since my onset 7 years ago, when I get a bug of some sort, which hasn’t been often, it hits me 10 times harder then ever before. Hope you get relief soon.

• Anonymous
      August 25, 2006 at 8:43 am

Well, I FINALLY got to see my GP last night. I had to wait over an hour in the examining room for her, b/c as usual, she is running behind. She rushed through my appt., I was so pissed off. All she did is tell me to do a stool sample and she is going to get a copy of the neuros blood work to see if she wants to order any additional. Wow. Thanks. ๐Ÿ™ She rushed me through and told me not to take any sleep aids because they are all addicting. Well thank god I am sleeping better without any anyway. I just feel ignored by all doctors.

• Anonymous
      August 25, 2006 at 11:46 am

Hi cara,

Agin, who’s paying who? Only the patient can stick up for what they want. If you wanted more time with her, and had more questions or statements to make, then look her in the eye and say it. We all experiance this with docs, me included. I had a doc rush me so bad, that he was out of the office without me even knowing that was it. When the nurse came in to button things up, I said just this “Where did the doc go?” Nurse said to another patient. “Get his ass back in here, and until I say ‘appointment over’, he’ll answer my questions and sit here until I’m done.” He was back in the room in under a minute, an apoligized, then he finished MY appointment, not his. This is one area where it has to be all about the person and nobody else. Not being selfish, it’s personal survival. You, are not at fault, or wrong. You are being taken advantage of, and I hate to see that kind of thing.

• Anonymous
      August 25, 2006 at 12:06 pm

Man, I sure love your attitude Racer, you sound a lot like me! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      August 25, 2006 at 12:39 pm

Hey,

Having been a service advisor for years, the guy in the white shirt and tie you see when you get a car repaired at a dealership, I’m amazed at the priorities people have concerning repairs on a machine. The body is only a machine too. Most of my customers were women. Because I built up a trust by being honest, and not putting on razzel-dazzel shows with wording, leaveing a woman just as confused as when they came in. How long would anybody stand for this type of repair? Just give me your keys honey, and we’ll tell you what we want to fix, and when we want to fix it, and if your original complaint isn’t taken care of, make another appointment and we will see if we can get to it. All on your dime, of coarse. Not even a millisecond. You know what would hit the fan instantly. The word ‘sue’ wouldn’t be far behind either. Yet, when we take a machine to a doctor to get fixed, or to make run better, what happens? What’s the difference? A woman, or man, will argue with me till the sun don’t shine anymore, and say nothing to a doctor. If their soooo smart, and are god like, then why can’t they fix your car too? Having doctors as customers also, outside of their field, I found many to be pretty stupid in a lot of ways. Does that make me a god to them when they need me? Do I get to intimidate my customers just like they do? I’ve had this conversation with docs too. I had a doc once bring his $100k M-B to me for some repairs. The next day when he was picking it up, I said the cars being washed and vacumed, and to wait in the waiting room until it’s done. No problem. Then he kept coming up to me asking when it’s done, and after the 3rd time, I said, now you know how your patients feel sitting in your waiting room. In a way, that kind of pissed him off, but he still came back. Oh, by the way. The car was ready for pickup 2 hours before he got there, but what the heck. I don’t get mad. I get even.:)