Hyperbaric Chamber

• Anonymous
      May 3, 2008 at 11:15 pm

I have been given information from more then one person now on the Hyperbaric Chamber as being a good way to treat GBS and CIDp. Does anyone know any thing about this I have heard that they have had good luck with MS and people that have had stokes and other illnesses. Just wanting to see if any one on this sight have used it or know anyone that has. Peggy

• May 4, 2008 at 9:26 am

Not positive, but I think Monica Lara did it last year. Try under the search engine and it will bring up all threads about it.
      Dawn

• Anonymous
      May 4, 2008 at 10:09 am

Funny that you should write about this. I just went to a seminar about autism. My nephew is autistic and he has his own chamber at home.

After 2 months in a chamber in Jacksonvill, he is a different kid. It’s amazing.

I asked the dr. at the seminar about putting Dell into one and he stated he’d never had that question before but MS patients get into them and it helps them. He said it does not cure MS.

He’s doing brain damaged ppl. and lots of other cases.

I’ll send you his name if you are interested. He said if I wanted, he would do the research.

It would cost $150 for each time in chamber and you need to do minimum 20 “dives” but 40 is optimum.

Love, Lori

• Anonymous
      May 4, 2008 at 10:22 am

I did a little bit of research on this a few years ago.

What I read said that the pressure & oxygen in the chamber helps promote the nerves to regenerate faster. That’s why it’s good for people with MS.

Kelly

• Anonymous
      May 4, 2008 at 11:47 am

Hi Monica I went back and read your post from Oct 2007 and it sounds like you had good luck with the Hyperbaric chamber. I am wondering now that some months have past how are you doing now? Do you still have to have IVIG? Do you do both? I am told that how they do it here is two treatment a day for ten days and it would cost about 4-5 thousand so we would have to get a loan. But if you still have to do the other treatments then is it worth it? Did this put you in a remission? Thank You to everyone for your help.
      Peggy