Husband w/CIDP…questions

• Anonymous
      September 1, 2006 at 9:45 pm

My husband has had CIDP for 8 years now. He is on full disability and take IV-IG every other month. Things aren’t too bad, he knows his limitations and what we can and can’t do. In the past month he has had a minor headache that won’t go away and says he feels “spacy”. No new meds, no new anything. We haven’t had any major tests done for a long time, no need to I guess. We have a doctor’s appt. Tuesday so we will see what he says. Just wondered about any similar problems others might have especially if you have had CIDP for awhile. Any info I can get would be appreciated.

• Anonymous
      September 1, 2006 at 11:48 pm

Hello,
      I know you said no new meds, no new anything, but just to be safe and sure, double check and find out if the BRAND of IVIG was changed because you may have been thinking IVIG is IVIG and not a new med. I have read posts from other members who got severe headaches when the BRAND was changed.

• Anonymous
      September 2, 2006 at 10:50 pm

Thanks! I will have that double-checked. I never thought about them using a different brand of IVIG. I’ll ask the doctor on Tuesday.