Hot baths?

• Anonymous
      February 9, 2007 at 11:52 am

Hi I take a hot bath every day, i read somewear on this site that thats not wise for gbs, any truth to that, thanks for all your help, gg

• Anonymous
      February 9, 2007 at 1:31 pm

hi! i think a hot bath feels pretty good. i never heard that gbs’ers shouldn’t take them. maybe i’m wrong, but a nice hot bath or shower feels good to me and i’m not any worse off because of it. i’m over 5 years post gbs. maybe you should ask your dr.
      deb

• Anonymous
      February 9, 2007 at 1:39 pm

Hi Gene,
      From what I remember from posts, some people it doesn’t bother and some people suffer if they try. You may hear the pro’s and con’s if others post, but it seems to me if you’re able to enjoy it, then go ahead and soak. LISTEN TO WHAT YOUR BODY TELLS YOU.

• Anonymous
      February 9, 2007 at 1:40 pm

Hi Gene,

We have talked about hot tubs and how they are usually too hot (105) for most of us with nerve damage. My neuro told me at the beginning NOT to do hot tubs. I now enjoy my hot showers on cold mornings, but showers are usually short 10-15 minutes. It wouldn’t hurt to see what your doc says.

Keep well 🙂

• Anonymous
      February 9, 2007 at 3:45 pm

It totally depends on the person. If it is not right for you, you’ll KNOW! I absolutely LOVE going in hot tubs but I can only do it for about 5-10 minutes before my nerves start to act up (tingle, feel stiff, etc). I am very jealous of all of you who the heat doesn’t bother!

• Anonymous
      February 13, 2007 at 6:34 pm

I’m new DX with GBS 1/8/07 tx with ivig. My neuroligist said heat increased the nerves conduction. This is why hot baths increase tingling and cause the pain in my feet and hands. He said this should get better over time as this mylin regenerates. Hope so – I sure miss baths. Dr. Shawn

• Anonymous
      February 14, 2007 at 1:22 am

i asked and was told as long as i had someone check the temp before i got in then it was fine and encouraged. i have a hard time dealing with the cold so i would live in a hot tub if i could!!

• Anonymous
      February 14, 2007 at 3:46 am

I have a [U]spa thermometer [/U]that sits on the ledge of my tub. I always (:rolleyes: ) check the temp before I put a toe in.