Home Health Care

• Anonymous
      June 3, 2010 at 6:54 am

I have had GBS since Nov 2006, & came home 1 year later. When I came home it was arranged that I have home health care aides come into my home & take care of me. I am unable to do all my personal care, I have to sit on a shower chair in the shower & I am unable to do house cleaning. I was woundering if anyone else has home health care aides come in & do things for them? My girls come in during the morning hours & they make sure i’ll have my dinner stuff available or planed. then from noon till I go to bed I’m on my own, but if I need help I can call a family member, or in an emergency I wear a necklace that goes to the hospital & I tell them whats wrong & they call person on list &/ or police or fire dept. for help so I can get the help as soon as possible. The necklace has come in handy a few times. It saves me from making calls, the hospital does it all for me. Its been 3 1/2 since dx. I was just woundering how many others need help & get help like me.?
      thanks.

• Anonymous
      June 3, 2010 at 10:19 am

My step-grandma has a few autoimmune diseases (not GBS or CIDP) and she has a helper come in twice a week to clean & take her shopping. The state pays for it & the lady is a big help.

I’m glad you have people who can come help you too. I know it makes all the difference for my step-grandma.

Kelly

• Anonymous
      June 3, 2010 at 6:34 pm

I have needed a home health agency for 11yrs now, but I have always been able to shower, dress, do most of my housework, cook, etc. My need for home health is for transportation. I can no longer drive. I was severely damaged by CIDP. I thank God for the home health agency. When I pay them it gives me a good feeling that I’m taking care of myself.