Hello from Jamie

• Anonymous
      November 5, 2008 at 8:16 pm

I have missed you folks throughout the past couple weeks! Just wanted to poke my head in and say hi!

Everything is going great for us in our new home, new city, new schools, and new job:)

I absolutely love my new job at the crisis center! Everyone is so kind and caring. our clients are in desperate need of help, so there is a huge reward in just being there for them. i love it when i can get people connected with resources that can change their lives, like insurance, medications, food, shelter, counseling, medical attention, jobs/training. How rewarding!!! Today, i sent a lady home with insurance, a job, a new connection with her family who had disowned her, medications, etc. the biggest thing she left with was hope! i also found that two young men had very irregular heart rhythms and arranged medical treatment for their heart conditions. i could go on and on… i swear i must have the best job ever!!!

both of my children love their new schools and are doing great! they both made tons of friends on the first day.

i see my mom every day and still visit my dad and step mom up north atleast once a week. took little eron to vote yesterday. he is 7. i knew who he wanted to win so i just handed him the ballot and told him to go make history – whoever he voted for would be history-making.

love our new apartment. its huge and nice, in a quiet neighborhood with lots of grad students. its a few miles from the university so there arent many young crazy partiers around.

hope you all are doing well! take care!

jamie

• November 6, 2008 at 8:16 am

Welcome back Jamie you have been missed. Thank you for the update. I am excited things are going so well for you and your family and the move is working out well. What a wonderful report, praise God! ๐Ÿ˜€

Gary

• Anonymous
      November 6, 2008 at 11:40 am

Ah yes! God does answer our prayers! How wonderful to hear from you my dear friend. Have been thinking of you and worrying about how this is all playing out. I am trusting God will stay with you as you journey!

It is so wonderful to hear you have a job you love. Nothing could be better than going to work and being fulfilled each and every day.

Take care. Hugs to everyone and keep us posted when you find time!

Love and Hugs…

• Anonymous
      November 6, 2008 at 8:21 pm

Good to hear from you Jamie. Glad you posted an update. It’s wonderful that things are going well for you and your family!

• Anonymous
      November 6, 2008 at 11:54 pm

good to hear from all of you!!! hope all is going well in your lives. been busy trying to fit moving in with our work schedules. i work days; hubby works nights, so its hard to get our schedules together enough to really get anything done. that, along with tying up all the loose ends up north – guitar lessons, appointments, school stuff, etc.

have moved all of the necessities, but its the little things that make some situations difficult. my son couldnt sleep, so he decided he had to have corned beef hash, eggs, and toast. problem…no can opener. so he pounded a key into the can a bazillion times until he could pry some hash out. then he realized that there was no pan to cook it in. bummer, but used microwave. then, no toaster:rolleyes: also trying to get used to not having a washer and dryer.

take care of yourselves! i havent had time to search back thru the threads to see whats up lately. jan, i remember reading about a big decision you and your hubby will have to make. good luck with that. you are a smart girl! im sure you will make the right decision!;)

• Anonymous
      November 7, 2008 at 9:58 am

Jamie,
      Nice to hear things are working out with the move your family has made. Now get those little things taken care of so you can cook ๐Ÿ˜€ and do laundry. ๐Ÿ˜€
      Shirley

• Anonymous
      November 8, 2008 at 11:19 am

So kid, you’re back. I have been so worried about you. Glad to know your family, kids, and you are doing well. isn’t it great to have a job you like and good schools and friends for the boys.
      Take good care and try not to fiz the whole world at once.:D
      Cyber Mom

• Anonymous
      November 8, 2008 at 9:04 pm

yep! it is soooo good to have so much at our fingertips! the city we live in is amazing! there is just soooo much to do and experience. i asked my oldest son about the different races and cultures at school, and he just said there is every race and culture i could imagine:D that is soooo awesome!

my youngest son is funny cuz i’ll ask him what race his friend is and he’ll just say that he has no idea. i love it!!!

when we got to the mall, which is like 5 minutes away, it is the same way. i wish it was still warm out so i could take my kids to all of the outdoor stuff. a good thing though, i guess, cuz now we’ll have to search for the indoor things to entertain us. museums, theaters, cool stores and restaurants will be good for all of us.

my 7 year-old is desperately missing his AWOL cat, and hubby doesnt want another one. so, today we took him to this huge pet store and played with the up-for-adption kitties. i wanted one soooo bad but didnt feel like being grounded from the pet store, so i didnt argue wiht hubby about it. if i would have, then he’d avoid the pet store at all cost in the future:p decided though that my son and i would volunteer there, feeding and watering and entertaining the adoption kitties. excited about that!!! son is gonna love it and i think itll help him cope with missing his own cat.

i think i’ll take my oldest down the the soup kitchen so he can cook for the homeless and poverty-stricken of our city. he loves to cook and loves to talk with people who have been around the block and time or two. this, then, should be right up his alley.

• Anonymous
      November 9, 2008 at 12:51 am

Hi Jamie! I am so happy for you right now! Looks like things are beginning to look up for you. I wish you all the best in the world. Hugs my friend! You are going to be a great nurse! I can see how much you really care! That means alot to those in need!

• Anonymous
      November 10, 2008 at 1:16 pm

Sounds like you have some great plans for wonderful things to do with the kids. Have you started work yet? We had talked about meeting place, and I have been scheduled for port placement surgery the morning I see Dr Teener-plan to stay in Ann Arbor from the 24th- lab work – through the morning of the 26th-recovery day. Will be coming through Lansing about 2pm on the 26th. Will be a busy week – have ivig on the 23rd and the 24th before I head out to U of M. I think I would like to be doing nicer things like you are doing, but my stuff needs to get done first. Would the 26th work for you?
      Mom