Hello everyone. my legs and feet are numb?

• Anonymous
      September 30, 2008 at 9:18 pm

hello well im usually not having any pain.not enough to complain about. but i was diagnosed with GBS 7 yrs ago. still having some trouble right now. my legs feel like rubber. i cant feel pain very much. and i cant wiggle my toes… is that normal. a risidule? or what? kinda worries me. im not feeling sick or feverish. but its just them things. maybe do i need to go back to therapy? i wonder whats going on with my legs???? If someone could give advice id appreciate it very much. Thankyou

• Anonymous
      October 1, 2008 at 6:21 am

I was diagnosed with GBS in March of 07. I still have numb toes and less mobility in my toes, and I recall several who have commented on these residuals. Is your condition getting worse, or has it remained that way for the last 7 years?

• Anonymous
      October 1, 2008 at 10:58 pm

Hello. i had this numbness for 2 months but didnt think it was a problem then i started to get pain in my legs now. im thinking i have weakness. do you think i may have to go back to thereapy? i dnt feel like gbs is coming back. but who know whats happining. i schedule dr aptment. but its not till next month.i may have to wait it out and deal with the pain. but yea its so wierd not able to wiggle my toes. my legs also get so stiff especially if im sitting down for at least 30 min. i get up and they feel stiff like a robot. i feel like a robot when im moving. well thanks for the advice. take care 2!

• Anonymous
      October 2, 2008 at 1:40 pm

I think I would go and get checked out and would not wait a month. It’s rare but does happen where a person can get GBS a second time. But it’s very rare! And then to, your GBS was 7 years ago and now all of a sudden you are getting weird feelings in your legs. Anything to do with the nervous system that suddenly appears different after 7 years might be something else going on. Another auto-immune disorder. Thyroid, Diabetes, Lupus etc. You might a residual happening or could have something totally different going on! I would get checked instead of waiting. Make it an urgent matter with your doctor. Even if you have to be seen at the ER. Better to be safe than sorry! It might GBS residual or what if it’s something else? Just because you have GBS you also have to think you are 7 years older and there are other diseases that can cause numbness and tingling and rubbery legs! I have Lupus and thought my Lupus was causing my problem with me getting CIDP. Been tested over and over again and my Lupus has been somewhat controlled. Then they found a B-12 problem and I started taking shot and was still complaining! But for two years I also was run over by an SUV in a parking lot and had a back injury. Went to back surgeon and complained and still no answers. Switched to new back surgeon and he found Lumbar Spinal Stenosis in lower spine where 3 bad disk were compressing my nerve! Ah ha! Problem finally solved! Not! They did surgery and I felt great! Then blam! Attack on nervous system! Bad attack! They then diagnosed me with CIDP! Okay! It’s Lupus! Nope not Lupus! They never checked my thyroid out until I mentioned to my new doctor asking him what a nodule was. He asked me why I was asking and I had picked up some records and noticed on a CT Scan that I had a nodule that nobody ever mentioned to me about! He decides to do Ultrasound and then calls me right away wanting RAUI Uptake Scan. I had a Hyperfunctioning Thyroid Nodule with 5 Nodules on my Thyroid Gland! It was cancer! Just getting over the surgery and fortunately they were able to get all the cancer and it had not spread! Just because you have GBS. Take into consideration that other diseases can pop up in later years! The older you get things can happen. We can get arthritis, thyroid problems, infections. I never had any problems with asthma! Then when I turned 38 I developed asthma! So it might pay for you to get checked out. Don’t alway’s blame GBS for everything! I did with Lupus and been walking around for over two years complaining and not understanding why my labs were normal! I also found out I have Graves Disease! Looked online and there were my symptoms!

• Anonymous
      October 2, 2008 at 4:35 pm

Thankyou linda so much.. my eyes are open and very concern about myself. i just called the doctor and they made an emergency aptment for tomarrow. because today my legs are in pain. and i have 2 small children. so i need my legs to raise them and be there for them. so ima get this checked out and see why im in pain. and why i cant wiggle my toes. Thankyou again very much i appreciate the advice. and i wish and hope you the best in your health. you are in my prayers! Big hugs!