hello everyone….I miss You

• Anonymous
      July 29, 2006 at 3:16 am

hi… its been a couple of weeks i did not visit the site… i miss everyone.. hows my family here? ^__^:D

You know what… my feet is getting fat… its called “manas” in our language (tagalog..phil. Dialect) sorry i don’t know the english term for that..is that a bad sign?

i already stop my theraphy session.. because i feel nothing happens 🙁

i am afraid i will be in my wheelchair forever…

you know what… i dont want to be sad but it seems i’m losing my hope to walk again 🙁

thats why i post athread here again.. to hear from you again guys…

is it possible that i can not walk for ever?

pls.. answer me frankly guys…

i wish to hear from you…. i love you guys….

• Anonymous
      July 29, 2006 at 7:21 am

hi rhosimo,

try to lie down when possible with your feet raised above your body. it should help the manas. no one knows how long nor to what degree any one gbser will recover. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      July 29, 2006 at 10:30 am

Hi Rhosimo,

Please please do not give up! I think that if you can afford it you should really carry on with the therapy sessions, maybe just try with a new therapist, someone who may be different from your old therapist and may do or see things differently. There are so many on this forum who are in the same boat as you, it has also been a few years for them, and I know that they go through the same emotions as you are, its so hard. In one of your posts you said that the doctors said your window of opportunity is closing, this is not true, but however difficult it is, you cant give up.

• Anonymous
      July 29, 2006 at 10:40 am

Don’t give up!! I have been “improving” for over 11 years now. It’s so exciting to realize when you do something you couldn’t do before:D It may be a long process but don’t give up!!

• Anonymous
      July 29, 2006 at 1:47 pm

Hello Rhosimo
      We all realize at times we get sad and feel like we are not improving but you have to remember the little things that you accomplish. this is an illness that teaches us to take life more slowly and to appreciate the small accomplishments. No one can say how far you will improve but you can decide whether you will give up or keep up the fight. this might be a long slow process for you but you know we will be here with you every step of the way. We can accomplish anything with each other. Try to find something good in each day no matter how little it might be.

take care and stay focused.

Stormy

• Anonymous
      July 29, 2006 at 11:01 pm

Healing brings emotional highs and lows as the realities and fears about our situation touches us on different levels. Generally, I found these days hit hard but didn’t last long as long as I could feel like I was doing something to affect a better outcome. Your feelings are normal, and God Willing, will pass. The path to recovery is very slow, so please be patient and be kind to yourself!:rolleyes:

• Anonymous
      July 29, 2006 at 11:16 pm

Hello,
      We are here whenever you need someone to talk to. We become your brothers and sisters. I have FAT feet too and I just call them SWOLLEN. Water pills might help a little and trying to sit with your feet raised above the heart or as high as you can get them will help.

Don’t give up on therapy! You don’t always feel stronger and feel like you are improving but therapy will MAINTAIN and help you so that you don’t lose what you can do.

WE HAVE HOPE!

• Anonymous
      August 10, 2006 at 8:19 am

thank you guys…..

i feel like crying after reading all your messages….

i really wish to recover…i really want to walk again, so that i can take care

my baby like others mothers do…

i am so blessed i have found this site… because i found my family here…

thank you for all things you have said…it really helps and comforts me..

thank you very much…:)

• Anonymous
      August 10, 2006 at 10:37 am

I was in a wheelchair from April 27th, 2002 until July of 2004. It took me that long to get enough strength back in my legs to walk again. I do need braces (AFOs) for foot drop, & take a cane with me outside of the house, but I am fine with that. I know I can do a lot more than I did last summer, even though my two year window of healing has long passed. Just use your body as much as you are able to, but do not overdo it in one day.

When I saw my neuro last September, he said he still can’t figure out how I am walking, based on my EMGs & nerve conduction tests. He said it must be sheer determination! Whatever it is, it means a much more normal life for me. Wishing you the best in your recovery…
      Pam

• Anonymous
      August 10, 2006 at 10:50 pm

Hellow Rosimo. I know exactly how you feel. I still can’t walk, but my family and I see progress. It’s almost 18 mos. I made flight and hotel arrangements today for the GBS Symposium. Have to take my wheelchair and daughter to wheel me. Have faith. We will walk and you will enjoy it with your baby.
      Peg