Hello Everyone! 22 Months after onset

• Anonymous
      August 8, 2007 at 8:59 pm

and I made a big mile stone in my rehab. I had an injury to my shoulder while in rehab I fell and they picked me up or tried to pick me up, six times by my arms before they got me back into bed. That injury took 8 months to heal. I tired like crazy to stay out of having an operations and it worked in my favor. As a result my rehab taught me to walk from a standing position. After I got out of bed or out of a chair. I never learned how to get up off the floor like a baby. I have complained that has stopped me from doing bigger and better things but this is one area that I was ignored and they held to their rehab plan. Also, it took awhile to get my strenght back up to where I could pull myself up on a chair or couch or the bed. I left it that way, but was fearful if I fell in the back yard or at a store or in a parking lot I had nothing to pull myself up on, so I stayed home rather than go out by myself.

Well 22 Months after my onset I am able to get up from the floor without hanging on something for dear life. I am actually able now to get one foot under me and lean on it and push down to come up without any trouble. I struggle inside for more strenght, but I have mustarded up enough to get me out of a jam. WHAT A CONFIDENCE BUILDER! So this is just another example why we should not give up on ourselves. Hugs for everyone! Join me in celebrating, keeping possitive and not giving up!

• Anonymous
      August 8, 2007 at 11:38 pm

That is wonderful Kit! Isn’t it fun when the struggle in rehab begins to pay off?! Keep up the good work. I’m sure it’s just one of many improvements that will be coming your way.

• Anonymous
      August 9, 2007 at 12:27 am

[SIZE=”3″]Congratulations, Friend! What a thrill 🙂 Thank you for sharing with us.[/SIZE]

• Anonymous
      August 9, 2007 at 1:03 pm

[SIZE=4][COLOR=red]WOOOHOOOO!!!! KIT!!! that is Great!! Keep it UP My Friend!!!:) [/COLOR][/SIZE]

• Anonymous
      August 9, 2007 at 1:16 pm

What a great feeling that is Kit! You are such a help to so many on the forum, its wonderful for them to see your positive attitude.

• Anonymous
      August 9, 2007 at 5:33 pm

Congratulations to you! And after 22 months you haven’t given up! I am a newbie here so that gives me hope to keep working and things will get better! Gabe

• Anonymous
      August 9, 2007 at 8:20 pm

Oh I have talked to every member of my family and offer to show them what I can do! LOL I have worked so hard to work every joint and muscle and tendon and ligament. I still have a few to go but this has been a good Summer so far! Even feeling so confident I parked as far as I could from the ER door. Visted my Mom and got her settled. Mini Stroke probably. 🙁 Then after a long day, I walked out to my car! I knew I had to get some exercise some how! Just a good day! Things could have been worse! Thanks for all your support! It is fun to celebrate with friends that understand! Thanks for being there for me!

• Anonymous
      August 10, 2007 at 8:36 am

Congrats! 😀 I love your attitude! It gave me a “I want to do that too attitude!” Its contagious! I know exactly where you were coming from. I still struggle getting up from a regular height toilet when there aren’t bars or something to get ahold of. Getting up from the floor is the other milestone. Thanks for sharing.

• Anonymous
      August 19, 2007 at 5:42 pm

Congratulations! That is good news and so encouraging for all of us! The one “good” thing about this illness, is you really do learn to appreciate the little things in life.
      I am very happy for you!
      Jenn