Headaches……

• Anonymous
      March 11, 2009 at 3:51 pm

I was reading the other day on this forum and read something about a nerve that runs up the back of the neck to the head and causes headaches. I wanted to read more about it, but after running a search I could not find it. I suppose I could not spell it good enough to find what I wanted to read. The best I can remember what it is called sounds like menegers nerve. Can someone help me to find this post, or to tell me the correct spelling for it. Thank you all so much for any help.

God bless,

• Anonymous
      March 11, 2009 at 7:19 pm

Drummer, not quite sure what nerve you might be referring to. There is a nerve called the occipital nerve. Problems related to the occipital nerve can cause headache.
      Then there is a disease called Meniere’s Disease which has to do with vertigo and balance issues due to swelling in the inner ear.
      There is a web site Visible Body. com that gives you a detailed look at every system in the body. If you download this site (very educational) you can click on the nervous system and get a detailed view.
      Hope this helps.

• Anonymous
      March 11, 2009 at 10:49 pm

Hey Drummer,
      All I know is I have been getting serious migraines 2-3 days after my infusions and they last about 2 days. I never used to get headaches prior to CIDP.
      My infusion nurses are trying to go low and slow but geeze I don’t want to camp out at the infusion center. If you get any good information please post.

Thanks,

Joyce:eek:

• March 12, 2009 at 9:56 pm

Joyce,
      We have tried everything to relieve the post headaches. I in my uneducated opinion, don’t really think slowing down the infusion beyond the standard formula makes a difference. We have tried everything. We still get the headaches 4 days psot. You could consider changing brands. I am so frusterated, it kills me seeing Kevie so sick every month. good luck.
      Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      March 12, 2009 at 10:21 pm

I just found a neat and helpful chart on nerves at sympathetic inervation-wiki def. It might help you.

• March 15, 2009 at 3:00 pm

I get those base of the neck and up over my head headaches. Had em really bad when I was first sick. Dr told me it was migraines…the pain is as bad but these particular headaches are way different. I usually end up taking double tylenol (dr said okay on occassion) and going to bed or taking a hot shower with the hot water running over my head and neck. It can also feel as if the pain is just under the skin of your scalp radiating in a web over your entire head. Dont let em blow you off, the pain is real and it really hurts!

*edited to add* I am not on ivIG so that part doesnt apply here. This is just my experience with wierd headaches since getting GBS.

Lori

• Anonymous
      March 20, 2009 at 12:21 am

It is called the meneges nerve. I found it on Karmacats thread “Can residuals increase post GBS, or do they always decrease”? bunnyrarebit mentioned it on her reply to this thread of Karmacats. I was putting a r in the word and should have left the r off to spell “meneges nerve”. I asked bunnyrarebit to elaborate on this nerve. I hope Karmacat does not mind if she replys about this on “her thread”. I don’t think she will because this is pertinent to the residuals decreasing or increasing post GBS. If interested in this “meneges nerve” you may want to subscribe to this thread of Karmacats and residuals.
      God bless, an Good night,
      Drummer boy 🙂

• Anonymous
      March 22, 2009 at 6:23 am

I have been getting them latly to but havent been on any thing other than ibuprofin 800mg and percet,s 10/325. since last yr .been messed up since 05 but i remember had real high fever and bad head ache two or three days before gbs. but been going numb again and toes and fingers been getting smashe4d with hammer feeling again with head ache hope it’s only weather changing and i have meniers dieseas spelling bad sorry. and hit some wrong keys hands are’nt with it here latly sorry jim

Headaches

• Anonymous
      March 31, 2007 at 11:53 am

I get headaches, when I move around very much. I was wondering if this is happening to anybody else. I had GBS/MF, and have the fatigue, but these headaches are getting to me.:confused:

• Anonymous
      March 31, 2007 at 12:48 pm

What type of headaches are you having (i.e., stress, etc.)? I have experienced an increase in migraine headaches over the years. If you can figure out what type you are having, I would suggest getting with your neuro or even your family doc. Some headaches can be taken care of fairly easy. Good luck!

• Anonymous
      March 31, 2007 at 1:12 pm

It is Migraines. I have had them off and on for years, but lately they are getting a lot worse. I guess I am going to have to go the Neuro. and see if I can’t get something for them when they get extra bad.

• Anonymous
      April 1, 2007 at 9:08 pm

For me personally, acupuncture has made the long-term difference. I haven’t had a migraine in over a year. Also, someone trained in crano-sacral theraphy, like an Osteopathic physician, could make a difference. I don’t suffer from headaches in general when I faithfully practice yoga.

I hope that you find something which will work for you.