haven’t been here for awhile

• Anonymous
      October 9, 2008 at 9:44 pm

I haven’t been able to even get on the pc for awhile because of my pain level and alot of other crappy things happening! We are taking our son to minneapolis to see his surgeon on the 23rd and hopefully have his surgery the next day so I was trying to get in to see another neuro since Parry only sees ms patients now but I cant get an appointment so when I saw my pcp yesterday I told him I wanted to see a dr I heard about here that helped a friend of ours, son in law, with miller fischer syndrome not long ago but I cant get in until jan 5th. This sucks because my pain has gone up alot lately and I dont want anymore pain meds but my dr did up my neurotin again to try to help. My powerchair was supposed to be fixed by now because it doesnt fit right but i’ve been waiting for over 2 months and still nothing. It has been over a year and a half in this stupid chair and I am so sick and tired of it! Then to top this wonderful time a friend of mines little boy was accidentally shot and killed a week ago saturday and then Monday my husbands cousin lost 1 1/2 fingers and mangled another when it got caught in a silagecutter and we were again at the ER on wednesday because my mother in law was rear ended turning into her driveway by a teen who was speeding and texting(it was her 3rd accident in 2 months) teens should not have cells when driving! Then last friday to top the week off is when I found out that if they don’t have the right mesh or titanium struts when they see my son on the 23rd the dr will not do surgery on the 24th (which is my husbands birthday, poor guy)! Nothing is going as planned not even our kitchen remodel, I can get in there and cook but the house is still a disaster because my hubby only has so many hours in a day for work and remodel so its a slow process especially when we get calls for help at the family farm or emergencies! On top of that we are waiting on our attorney to serve papers on the hospital and the neuro that made me worse who was convicted of felony terrorizing so hopefully that will go smoothly, we can only hope! He should have not walked out in a temper tantrum and stopped my treatment!
      Sorry I just needed to vent with so much built up for awhile and am hoping you all are doing well! I read alot today to catch up and I have missed alot I guess!
      Anyway thoughts and prayers with you all and thanks for being here for me to vent or question!

• Anonymous
      October 9, 2008 at 10:41 pm

Oh Jody! Sorry you are in soo much pain and life is really bumpy for you right now. Stay strong! I hope the dose of neurontin is high enough to help ease your pain. That is really a long time to be without your power chair. Hope your son’s surgery goes well. Take care.

• Anonymous
      October 9, 2008 at 10:47 pm

To: jodylynn67

What a terrible time you are having! I can only say that I feel for you as you go through all of these difficulties and traumas and worries. I too have had many things come crashing down on my life at various times, and I know how hard it is to face it every day and keep trying to cope. :confused: I pray that the Lord will send His answers and help to you and your family.
      God Bless and keep you!
      — Donna

• Anonymous
      October 10, 2008 at 12:30 am

Hi Jody, glad you’re back. It seems sometimes that we are thrown more than we can handle but we muddle through somehow. You will get through this. I am glad you felt comfortable coing back and sharing your challenges with all of us. I will pray for you and hope your son’s surgery goes well. Hang in and hang on. We’re here for you.

Take care and God bless.

• Anonymous
      October 10, 2008 at 12:06 pm

Thanks all it has been a lot lately to deal with and I am just hoping to get through the next couple of weeks to get my son through his hopefully last surgery (number 54) if the dr can do it the day after he sees him. I know this would be the last chest wall surgery and we hope that they do not have to go back again. The stress of his having the surgery takes a toll on him and me.
      My husband has been wonderful through all this and sometimes has to kick me in the behind to get me to remember we are in this all together. His favorite thing to ask me is “Did you make yourself sick?” Ah NO who would ask for this! I am so grateful to have him and his family in our lives now it sure helps alot! Our 4th anniversary is coming up on dec 23rd and I am trying to think of something but I cant beat what I gave him last year (in his mind anyway) we went to a Redskins game in Minneapolis and they won so he was ecstatic! And I sat there wondering what I was thinking because I really hate football, oh well he was happy and that counted for alot since he has been there for me through all of this!
      Anyway thanks for everyone being here to listen or that I can read up on alot of the good progress people make! I know I am not taking no from any dr about my health and I will keep fighting no matter how far we end up having to go but I am not going to stay in a wheelchair the rest of my life I am not giving up or give any dr the satisfaction of keeping me down or quiet when they screw up like the neuro who walked out on me, I will win in the end against the odds of the healthcare system one way or another. It is this site that reminds me when I get to the poor me victim stage of frustration and that I am very thankful for!