Have a new problem

• Anonymous
      June 22, 2007 at 10:37 pm

Ok, I just have ringing in my ears today. Is that another residual from GBS/MF or is it just me going nutty.:eek:

• Anonymous
      June 23, 2007 at 8:22 am

Hi HJR.
      I have had ringing in my ears for over 20 yrs. I was told I had lost part of my hearing and it was from not wearing ear protection when I used power tools. (chain saws–lawn mowers-working around Jet engines. ) I am stuck with it and have got use to it. (Steve)

• Anonymous
      June 25, 2007 at 2:39 pm

AJR,

[SIZE=”4″]Yes, you are going crazy… completely mad!!! [/SIZE] Oops, just kidding – tentinitus (?sp) I think it is called. Many causes, but you may need to check in with an ENT doctor. I have had a tapping in my ears off and on for over 20 years. Mine is an inner ear problem (mastoid) and allergies/stopped up head seem to make it worse.

P.S. Have you tried answering your phone? (te he he)

• Anonymous
      June 25, 2007 at 6:00 pm

I also have tinnitus Most of my life and a hearing lost that is not getting better.

But I found since taking the pain medication for my CIDP or when I am tired I find it is a lot louder. I know my hearing test I had in 2004 while my CIDP was active showed my hearing really dropped in my left ear which is my problem ear. But once my CIDP got better my hearing got back to almost the same as before my CIDP. But the Tinnitus is always there and right now it is really active as I write this. Just finished work in a noisy environment and I am tired and took a Lyrica pill this afternoon. So all three could be the culprit for my now annoying ringing.
      Also I find at night that I hear worse and my hearing aid doesn’t seem to work but I transfer it to my right ear and I can hear the buzz that it is working. So I was just thinking today it maybe my CIDP that makes my hearing worse in the evening when I am tired.

Sue

• Anonymous
      June 25, 2007 at 11:41 pm

Tinnitus can be caused by several things. In my case it was exposure to high noise over time. Jet engines and things that go bang in the night that messed up my hearing.

There is an up side to it. I can’t tell the difference between a $20 dollar stereo system and a $,2000 one. Of course a hearing loss also has something to do with it. The hearing loss also comes in handy when my wife is asking to do something around the house 🙂