has anyone tryed acupuntcer?

• Anonymous
      June 29, 2006 at 9:32 pm

I’m going to a md that does it in 2 weeks. going to give it a shot. I have used 1 in the past. I am looking forward to it. and I did make sure he knew what GBS was.

• Anonymous
      June 29, 2006 at 10:11 pm

I haven’t tried it.. If it works tho drop me a line.:cool:

• Anonymous
      June 30, 2006 at 10:25 am

Netski

Dont really have any first hand knowldege on it, but a while back I remember some members [I]briefly[/I] discussing it. I [I]think[/I] I recall a member saying that it may have brief, short term relief, but it doesnt work for long term relief. Maybe me just posting this will refresh someones memory. Sorry I cant be of more help. 🙂

• Anonymous
      June 30, 2006 at 12:27 pm

We all have our own uniquenesses with this disease! My body has responded dramatically positive to acupuncture, with yoga and diet change. Yes, I need repeated treatments (sometimes twice in a month) but remember, how many times have you repeated physical therapy and how often do you repeat your drug intake. Everytime I am able to decrease my use of an Rx, I cheer!!
      Good luck.

• Anonymous
      June 30, 2006 at 3:06 pm

Hi,

I tried it for a while and it made me very relaxed after quite a number of needles were used on my body. The second time, I went to a clinic that specialized in neurological problems in Portland, Oregon. Again, I could not tell if I experienced any improvement but I had to move after only two sessions. They recommended taking Coenzyme Q10 and lots of supplements.

We are complicated and unique individuals and I was willing to try anything.:o

• Anonymous
      June 30, 2006 at 9:26 pm

I did try this, with a Chinese trained alternative medical doctor who does accupuncture. Short term result ok, but not difinitive, very time consuming.
      Have heard of others with better results. Good luck, worth a try.

• Anonymous
      July 4, 2006 at 12:54 pm

I tried it for a while. The nurse that did it as her business with meditation/relaxation therapy treated me like MS after she learned about GBS. I really felt great as long as I was having it done twice a week. Of course lying down meditating would do us all good every day! I also have degenerative disc disease (doc said it was normal for my age of 48 – NOT), but this lady would do some weird suction thing to my back that really, really helped that. Also, when I was first getting GBS, I had treatments of Reiki. I attribute that to the realitive ‘mild’ dose of GBS I got.

Good luck!

• Anonymous
      July 4, 2006 at 8:41 pm

Chrissy,

What is Reiki? 🙁

• Anonymous
      July 5, 2006 at 1:09 pm

Ali, Reiki is a form of energy work – like Chi energy. It is hard to describe and I would suggest doing a search for better description, but what I recall is that a Reiki Master uses her hands to transmute some of my bad energy and she gives me back good energy. It is another meditative metaphysical type of therapy. Not traditional by any means. Oh, I guess you could put it in the category of healing hands. Remember, I am out in left field a lot in my life and I won’t come back :p

• Anonymous
      July 5, 2006 at 5:32 pm

Reiki worked for me, but I was open to it. If you are not open to the experience, then results are not great. It certainly helped me with pain, and let me tell you I was on a very high dose of Neurontin and other pain meds with very little relief. After one Reiki treatment, my pain was reduced dramatically. Subsequent treatments helped to the point where I was pain free.

• Anonymous
      July 8, 2006 at 10:10 pm

Thanks for the feed back, I go on wensday. I am looking forward to it. This guy is also a MD. He knows of GBS, thats a start. they have had only 4 people in thnis area with it, I’m 1 of the 4. I have tryed it in the past when I was backed up for 2 weeks, within 5min, I plugged the poor dudes toilet. LOL
      And he gets medicaid to cover most of it, so I feel lucky. My mom is taken me to the store on monday, I havent been shoppen since March, I know it will be a short trip, but will take some off da ball and chain, and I can finaly get what I want and need. wish me luck.
      Net