Happy Thanksgiving To All

• Anonymous
      November 26, 2009 at 3:48 pm

Hi all,
      I haven’t been up to writing for a bit–I got my Cytoxan on the 20th and it wipes me out, both with energy and with the nausea.
      I am crossing my fingers I can eat a little bit of turkey, potatoe and gravy–that will do just for the festivity of the holiday.

I want to thank all who responded to my vent from 2 weeks ago.
      Haven’t been in that great of shape–now they said the CIDP is attacking the muscles in my eyes, and now I am seeing double–they call it dilopia.
      Jeesh, like I needed another thing…But they plan on putting some kind of prisms on my eyeglasses, to help my eyes zoom in on one thing.

I hope to resume responding to posts soon–if I can get a little better.
      I need to talk to Ryan’s mom about the Cytoxan-there ARE risks involved that I need to tell her. I will try to post soon.

Again, I hope all the best possible Thanksgiving to all!
      Ken
      (KEDASO)

• Anonymous
      November 26, 2009 at 5:41 pm

Ken,
      I did not responded to your vent two weeks ago although I have read your post and kept up with them. You and your partner are in my thoughts and prayers.

Bless you always,
      Shirley

• Anonymous
      November 26, 2009 at 10:07 pm

Hey Ken-

I hope you were able to eat something festive, for the sake of the holidays.
      My own original plans were to stay home since I’m healing from surgery, and yesterday I was vomitting due to the pain meds. (not fun)

But, since I was doing better today, I went out to celebrate with the fam.

I hope you had a chance to do the same.. since the holidays are but once a year.

• November 27, 2009 at 10:38 am

Hi Kedaso,
      I want to wish you and yours a great Holiday weekend. I also will pray and send good vibrations so your symptoms lessen and you get better and feel better.
      We are caring about you a lot and are here to help and inspire you anyway we can.

• Anonymous
      November 27, 2009 at 1:43 pm

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope you got to enjoy some turkey & all the trimmings yesterday.

Emily had diplopia as well. It is caused by inflammation of the cranial nerves. It’s actually rare with CIDP (only about 3% have it). It helped her to close 1 eye – she said it made the double vision go away. Maybe that can help you when you are trying to read or watch TV. I know it was very irritating to her, so I know how you are feeling about it.

Kelly

• Anonymous
      November 27, 2009 at 5:31 pm

Hi Ken,

I also hope you were able to have some turkey and veges. Since my first attack of CIDP (several years ago) I have had (on and off) double vision too. My glasses for reading have prisms in them – I have found that my eyes don’t ache as much when reading with these glasses either, as the muscles of my eyes don’t seem to have to strain as much to keep focused (thus putting less stress on the nerves that are innervating those muscles). I have probs with eye movements in general too – It is quite painful to look upwards and if I do gaze upwards for too long my eye lids will automatically close!

Kazza