Happy Day everyone !

• Anonymous
      March 23, 2008 at 1:07 pm

Connor found over fifty plastic eggs that the Easter bunny had hidden in our house. Two golden eggs with money in them. What a bunny that guy is. How magical. I mean, really…to come in to all of the homes with baskets full of just what the kids wanted and all the eggs and candy….wow.
      😉
      I think being five is the most incredible year for him and his imagination. Thank God for this small being in my life that is my entire inspiration.

We’re off to my sisters for Sunday brunch. I made a yummy hashbrown casserole. Then we’ll take a few boxes to the new house and drop my moms car off at the shop. I’m thinking about buying it from my sisters if there isnt much wrong with it. It’s a dodge stratus and would be much easier on gas. I drive an SUV and hubby has an avalanche. Both are gas hogs. We could park them for a bit.

so, the day is full…once again.

But, Happy Easter everyone. Enjoy the magic.

God bless,
      Stacey

• Anonymous
      March 24, 2008 at 9:20 am

It sounds like Connor had a great day! Last year Emily REALLY got into all of the holidays. It was like it all finally clicked in her head what was going on. It really is a magical age.

I am ALL for saving gas…get the car!

We got a dog for Easter. I don’t know what we were thinking. My husband is the king of impulse buying & I got sucked in. She’s really nice though & 3 years old, so she knows all of the commands & goes potty outside. The cat is not so happy about it but he’s adjusting & establishing himself at the top of the food chain. I think the cat would hurt the dog more than the dog would hurt him, LOL. We need to change the dog’s name though. It’s “Socks” and everyone keeps thinking we’re calling it “Sucks”. So NOT cool! I want to name her Roxy, Emily wants to name her Gabby (short for Gabriella) and my husband…well, he’s got issues and wants to name her Chopper. The dog apparently is sick. She starting coughing the night we brought her home so we took her back to the shelter to be checked out. She has kennel cough & was put on a cough med & anti-biotic. We have to be careful that the cat doesn’t get it. It’s supposed to be rare to jump species but it can happen.

We had family over on Easter-Eve (as Emily calls it) so Emi was up late. I thought for sure she’d sleep in. I set my alarm for 7:20am to ummm…make sure the Easter bunny hid the eggs. Emily got up at 7am. I had some fancy mom tricks up my sleeve to make sure those eggs were hidden. She did have a fantastic time looking for the eggs & finding her Easter basket (we hide that too!).

We had more family over later in the day for dinner & desert. I cooked everything and can you believe they all left without a single one of them offering to do the dishes?!?!?!

Emily gets a treatment today. It’s a little early (supposed to be Thursday) but her nurse is going to PA for a conference on Wednesday & coming back on Friday. And my dad is supposed to come for a visit today too. Busy, busy, busy!

Hope everyone enjoyed their day!
      Kelly

• Anonymous
      March 24, 2008 at 6:08 pm

How happy these two postings made me! I can picture in my head how the kids are moving around as fast as they can to find the eggs and marvelling over each and every one!

It’s 25 years ago now, but I remember my son when he was five and looking for his easter egg, filled with about a pound of different kinds of candy. When he got a little older and could read, I made a lot of rebuses written in verse for him, leading from one place in the house to the other until he at last found the EGG! It was so much fun preparing the “track” and watching him as he pondered the rebuses and ran up and down the stairs, and then stuffing himself with his prize!

I hope he will continue this “Easter-game” with William when he is old enough.