Happy April Fool’s Day–a GREAT gag to play on you spouse/partner, friends, relatives

• Anonymous
      April 1, 2009 at 12:02 pm

Hi all,
      This gag was played on me on an April Fool’s Day, back in the 1980’s, and I laughed “my head off” !!!
      If your city, or a city nearby, has a zoo or aquarium, look up the phone number and write it down.
      At the time in the 80’s, I was living in Queens, and working in Manhattan, so, the Bronx Zoo was local for me.
      So, write down with the telephone number, “Mr. Lyon called, and it is important you call back.”
      When it was played on me at work, the phone message was given to me by the switchboard, (a friend in my office had given it to them, to give to me).
      When I called the number, the person on the other end said, “I’m sorry but he is having lunch, but you can come over and see him in his cage.”.
      I was silent for moment…long pause…while this sunk in…
      AND I BURST OUT LAUGHING…Mr. Lion….yeah, right. The person on the other end was laughing as well, and I thank him. Meanwhile, when I turned around, there were 5 people behind me all laughing, as they all had watched me call the number and watched my reaction.
      By the way, if it is an aquarium that you have the number for, then write the message down, that a Mr. Seal called and it is important to call back…
      A great gag to play on someone today! I have played on different people through the years, and have always gotten a good laugh.
      A good laugh is something we need here every now and then…
      I think I’m going to play this on my doctor today–I have an appointment to see him..and will ask him how the call to Mr. Lyon went…
      KEDASO

• Anonymous
      April 1, 2009 at 9:08 pm

I got to his office at 1pm.
      One of the women at the front desk came over to us, laughing, she said the whole office was in on the note to my doctor, that he should call Mr. Lyon,
      (with the phone number for the San Diego Zoo).
      So, his whole office got a good laugh. They told him it had originated from me.
      So, when he came into the exam room, he dropped the message note into my lap, and was laughing. So, I asked him how the treatment went for Mr. Lyon…
      He said at first he didn’t get it…then when he went to the electronic names listings at the zoo, and didn’t find a Mr. Lyon…..it dawned on him and he burst out laughing.
      He thanked me for the prank.
      (NOTE: It’s great to have a good Primary Care Doctor, especially one I can play a prank on. I was there to talk about some serious stuff–I had been asked to have my Advance Directive completed, since I’m sliding, and we had to talk about death and dieing and he was one of the doctors who said two years ago, I had about two years left to live…so, it was good to start out with a laugh!)
      KEDASO

• Anonymous
      April 1, 2009 at 9:29 pm

That’s a good one.

Emily played an April Fool’s joke on her class today.

She wrapped her hand in Coban (athletes tape) and told the kids she burned herself while helping me cook.

I guess her whole class & the teacher surrounded her to get a look at her bandaged hand.

She called her teacher to the side & said “It’s an April Fool’s joke” BUT she forgot to tell the rest of her class, LOL.

She said she’ll go in tomorrow morning & tell them.

Silly kid…

Kelly

• Anonymous
      April 2, 2009 at 12:58 pm

Kedaso,
      Love the joke, I hope I can remember it for next year. I also wish that time would be good to you. You have shared so many wonderful stories with the rest of us and I can’t imagine what it would be like to meet you in person. I would like to say that I am proud to have known you and hope to hear more of your wonderful stories in the future. Don’t count yourself out yet. I’m sure you and your partner have many more memories to make.

Hugs and wishes

sherry