Hand Writing, Does Anyone Else Have A Problem

• Anonymous
      October 27, 2008 at 11:14 am

Hi family,
      I have days, more often then not, when it’s so very tedious for me to try to make a signature. Thank goodness for online bill paying, but sometimes something comes up and a signature is required. I’ve had my signature questioned on a few things.

Does anyone know of a way to get around hand required signatures, like signing a check or legal documents? I’ve always “tried” to write because I see it as needed hand therapy, but it’s really difficult. Can stamps be used for a legal signature? I asked my bank and they didn’t know.

• October 27, 2008 at 1:01 pm

Liz, can’t help you with signature alternatives, but one thing that helped me was a different kind of ink pen. It really has helped me because it doesn’t require much finger control or movement.

Here’s a link to the web site of the manufacturer …

[url]http://www.penagain.com/[/url]

Hope this helps.

Gary

• Anonymous
      October 27, 2008 at 7:05 pm

Hi Liz,

My handwriting has never been that great as I lack patience…GBS made it much worse. I actually had a doctor say my writing was worse than his. LOL

I have this little scribble that I use when signing checks, etc., however, no one has ever questioned my signature.

I’m sorry I couldn’t be of any assistance. Hopefully you’ll find a viable solution.

Take care

• Anonymous
      October 27, 2008 at 7:46 pm

Wrist splints have helped my writing better. Me and my shaky hands with this carpul tunnel nerve damage really made my writing scrappy looking. Not fun doing the bills either! I use a splint on my hand and it helps some. There are rubber stamps that you can get made with your signature and they can be placed on the checks. But you need to use blue or black ink. Not sure where to get the special made stamp though. Maybe online possible!
      Hugs
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      October 28, 2008 at 11:08 am

Hi,
      This is just a suggestion. Could you ask your bank teller to reprocess your present signature. Tell them that you have a medical condition that has caused your handwriting to change, and that your former signature is a thing of the past. You would just write your name on a new form, and even though your handwriting is different and somewhat illegible, it’s still your present-day signature.

I have trouble writing my signature, and hand-writing in general, too, with the GBS. But I’ve had to do a lot of it, because of music lesson preps and making notes in my students assignment books, so my writing is improving. But sometimes it seems very erratic, it will cramp suddenly, or some loops will be much larger or wide spaces will occur, or letters become uneven or shaky after a few seconds. It’s hard, I know!

–Donna

• Anonymous
      October 28, 2008 at 11:14 am

Liz,
      As you know, I couldn’t write anything at all for 2 1/2 years. When I had to sign to give up my job, it was a large “X”. I can write legibly now, but not for very long. My son & son-in-law have ilegible handwriting, but whatever appears on their check as their signature is considered their signature. My point is, that whatever you write for your signature, is legally your signature. If it takes you awhile to write, so be it, they just have to wait. BTW how is Florida going? Getting to use the new chair a lot? We have had snow on the ground for two days now, yuck!
      Pam

• Anonymous
      October 28, 2008 at 2:40 pm

Liz, next time your signature is questioned, ask them how do they expect a nerve damaged signature to look like. My signature is a C with scribbles afterwards-worse than any dr I know!!:) I use to be able to write neatly until this stuff started-sometimes I can’t even remember what letter comes next in my name-so the scribbles help me:rolleyes: Let them question your signature all day long if they want to-they can’t do anything about it especially if they witness you writing it. Have you tried the “Y” shaped pen? it might makewriting alittle easier for you. Take care.