hand bike – for upper body exercise

• Anonymous
      May 29, 2007 at 3:01 pm

For any of you out there, like me, who still have good upper body function and want to get out and get some exercise, you might want to look into hand cycles. I have limited use of my legs and saw someone peddling a bike with their hands one day on the bike trail. Since then I have researched them, purchased one and have been out riding again and really enjoying something I thought I’ld never do again. They have 3 wheels for stability, you sit upright and the crank is right in front of your chest.

I was an athlete involved in many sports including mountain biking before CIDP and this discovery really turned me around, not just for my physical condition but also for my mental state as well.

If any of you are interested in more info let me know and I’ll post more detail about these incredible bikes.

Cheers,
      Terry

• Anonymous
      May 29, 2007 at 4:47 pm

Terry> Good posts! I am sure they could help those that have limits. Too bad for the hills around here I can not get one that has peddles for the feet and hands.

Isn’t that feeling of freedom and accomplishment worth a try! Some times it just takes a creative mind and one to put our dreams into a product! I have also seen these types of hand peddles in boats on a calm pond. Also, at a child’s amusement ride. I had forgot all about them! Now is the time to get outside and try something out of the box. Even if it is just sitting at a picnic table on a breezy day and flying a kite! 😀 Exercise comes in all forms!

• Anonymous
      May 30, 2007 at 2:20 pm

Terry, I’m interested. i’ve been looking for something like that off and on for a year now. can you pm me the info, or just post it so others can see also, that way it would save your energy in typing soo many responses. Thanks.:)