Had some testing today

• Anonymous
      July 24, 2009 at 6:11 pm

Today I went and got my nerves tested. I went and saw my Neurologist a few weeks back expecting to get it done then but she wasn’t planning on giving it to me but I told her I wanted it done she ordered it and I went today. The DR wasn’t there today but will read the results on Monday.

It seem there were some changes for the worst but I am not sure how bad because the technician didn’t elaborate. But she had me do my hands twice and the second time after having my hand placed in warm water for a few minutes. First time that was ever done to me.

My peroneal ankle Fib.head where it says CV(ms) was 39 m.s last year and this time 30.8 m.s. Where it says Pop.Fos CV it was 38.8 ms last year and this time 21.4 ms. There are other places that the numbers are in dark black to point out the ones the DR has to look at. There are 13 in all.

Imaging if I wasn’t on the prednisone last month for my hearing. I wonder what my readings would be today. Would it be worst then this?

I will keep all posted when I get more news.

Sue

• Anonymous
      July 24, 2009 at 11:51 pm

hang in there Sue I hope you get the answers you need.

• Anonymous
      July 25, 2009 at 9:48 am

Thanks Rhomcc

Sue

• Anonymous
      July 26, 2009 at 5:30 am

Sue, I am remembering you as you walk thru this part of your journey. What a challenge! but you are a strong woman and you will get thru it. Hugs to you 🙂

• Anonymous
      July 26, 2009 at 8:38 am

Thanks Judy
      I am off work for a week due to a plant shut down but when I get back I will let my boss know what is going on. He is a good boss. This way here they will know I am not getting better but worse so then they can’t expect me to do more then my body can handle.

Also I have this man I love who is having severe back problems. He has a hard time with the pain and stuff. I always said I would be there for him no matter what even if he ends up in a wheelchair some day. But now I wonder what kind shape I will be in.

I read on the internet the manual for nerve testing and it says if the Amp numbers is down but the LatOn has not changed or very little then it means Axon Loss. So I am trying to understand what that means. Does it mean the nerve fibers are being attacked or in other words the nerves are being attacked?

Thanks

Sue

• Anonymous
      July 26, 2009 at 7:27 pm

Thinking of you Sue!! 🙂 Take care and relax abit on your time off work.:)

• Anonymous
      July 26, 2009 at 9:27 pm

Thanks Cheryl 🙂
      Here is a website some people might like.

On your right hand side I clicked NCS calculator and inputted my information and then and SD number shows up. But I am not sure what SD stand for. The higher the SD score is in the minus that doesn’t mean good news but not sure what it means.

[url]http://www.mynorms.com/Default.htm[/url]

Sue