Had Physical Therapy eval today

• Anonymous
      October 10, 2008 at 3:41 pm

Finally went to physical therapy today. I should have gone before, but since my feet were the only major area of trouble I waited, I work with therapist daily at nursing homes, so I did atleast have strengthening exercises i had been doing. I am disappointed in the therapist that did my eval. It amazes me how many physicians and therapists know nothing about GBS, My therapist told me that my balance problems were due to signals form my brain and that my central nervous system was involved. I had to tell her that this disorder was peripheral nerve involvement and that my brain was not the issue. Once she started evaling my feet, she did change her opinion. Basically, I have no movement in ankles or toes and all muscles extremely tight. She said my ankles were frozen. She did know myofacial release, so I could at least feel confident that she knew what to due for stretching and increasing mobility thru manual manipulation. I told her what needed to be done i.e stretching, strengthen, myofacial release, and proprioception. I will give her a try, but not getting a good vib.:(

• Anonymous
      October 10, 2008 at 4:51 pm

Hi Carol! So sorry your first evaluation did not go so well. They gave me physical therapy right after my back got injured and it did me more harm than good back then. Then I went back to physical therapy and they were doing the same things I had before and already knew what to do and decided to do it alone at home. I guess it depends on what you have going on too for what they need to do in physical therapy. It was making me sicker too! That was my problem. Not being able to do it because of it making me sicker! Now that I am feeling better, maybe I will get lucky this time and get myself physically better!
      Maybe next week will be better for you! Good luck!

• Anonymous
      October 11, 2008 at 12:47 am

Carol, Go with your feelings. Most of the time they don’t steer you wrong;) Give her an education while you’re at it:) Glad you have the background to know what to look for and where to start. Take care.