gun control

• Anonymous
      January 29, 2007 at 3:46 am

This from StrangeCosmos.com.

Deb

Time to Ban That Dangerous American Medical Association?

NewsMax.com has received a flood of e-mail in response to the article “AMA Launches Attack on Guns”. And these readers have a modest proposal: Ban those dangerous docs, before they kill again.

Writes one: “I find it interesting that the AMA is so concerned about gun control when statistics show us that more people are killed every year by doctor error than are killed by guns. I guess they feel they have a better chance of making a difference with guns than making doctors competent.”

Another writes: “Number of physicians in the U.S: 700,000. Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year: 120,000. Accidental deaths per physician: 0.171 (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services).

“Number of gun owners in the U.S.: 80,000,000. Number of accidental gun deaths per year (all age groups) 1,500. Accidental deaths per gun owner: 0.0000188. Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

“FACT: Not everyone has a gun, but everyone has at least one doctor. Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors before this gets out of hand.

“Remember: guns don’t kill people; doctors do.”

• Anonymous
      January 29, 2007 at 11:56 pm

Deb,

This is strange and funny! Thanks for sharing it.

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      March 22, 2007 at 5:34 pm

I would have never guessed that! Thanks.