guillian barre and lyme disease

• Anonymous
      June 15, 2006 at 8:32 pm

hi, I am new and was wondering if anyone has had a similair occurance. In Jan 2003 I was diagnosed with GBS and eight months later was bitten by a tick and was diagnosed with lyme disease. I have been unable to do nothing but lie on my sofa forth the last 4 months and myu concentration level is minimal so0 pleaaese excuse my being brielf in this post. Thank you, Kathy in Califronia

• Anonymous
      June 15, 2006 at 10:25 pm

hi kathleen & welcome,

in my case the docs could not decide if i had gbs or advanced lymes. each doc held onto her/his belief. i was treated for both. turned out to be gbs in the end. rest/sleep is the fastest road ot recovery. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      June 18, 2006 at 4:38 pm

Hi Kathleen,

I was diagnosed in ’85 with GBS and at the moment am suffering with what I believe is post GBS. I am seeing a Rheumatologist at the moment who keeps talking to me about lymes disease. I have gone for a whole lot of blood tests as he wants to rule out lymes before making a ruling on fibromyalgia and/or post GBS. It seems you have had a double dose in a few months, I am sorry you are going through this as so many of us are in a similar situation. My thoughts are with you.:)

• Anonymous
      June 18, 2006 at 11:24 pm

ali, lymes is a simple blood test. fibro is what you have when all other tests rule out or come back normal for other problems. just had a lymes test in may—i have had about 10 ticks in my body since i was a young girl traveling out to idaho. my first one imbedded its head in my neck at the base of my skull–painful little pest.:(

• Anonymous
      June 22, 2006 at 9:09 am

After being diagnosed w/GBS, I also tested positive for Lyme disease on the initial screening. A more thorough test came back negative. My neurologist said that he had seen the exact same thing with other GBS patients.

• Anonymous
      June 22, 2006 at 9:16 am

Tests back, no lymes disease for me.

• Anonymous
      June 22, 2006 at 11:15 am

I am glad to hear that your Lymes free Ali, I hope they figure out what’s going on for you.

Jerimy