Great news!

• Anonymous
      November 14, 2008 at 2:11 pm

I just thought I’d share a little piece of good news about Ben! Last night, he was making fun of me because I was lying on my back with my legs in the air waving my feet around, waiting for my toe nails to dry. He jumped up on the bed with me and started copying me, waving his feet around like I was doing, and guess what! The left foot that he’s had drop foot in for the last 3 1/2 years since GBS suddenly started moving around! I never thought anything like that would happen! I thought that foot was gone for good! :p

• Anonymous
      November 14, 2008 at 2:24 pm

That’s Great News To Hear Shannon. That’s How It Is With Me, Months Or Years Can Go By Without Any Improvements, But Then Every Once In Awhile Big Little Things Happen.

• Anonymous
      November 14, 2008 at 2:45 pm

I know, it’s the little things at this point, isn’t it, Liz? Now if we could just get those damaged axons to recover! I guess we can’t complain too much though because, as you probably noticed, he’s able to lead a very active lifestyle despite the nerve damage! I don’t know how he got so lucky, but I’m not going to question it! :p

• Anonymous
      November 14, 2008 at 3:38 pm

Shannon, that is awesome ! Was he not able to move that foot with the drop foot ? I have slight drop foot on both and cant pull my feet up…only about 8 degrees on one side and 15 on the other. I cant make circles with my feet either. Could he do that ?

Either way…great news !

Stacey

• November 14, 2008 at 5:41 pm

Great news! Hey now you can play footsy!
      Dawn

• Anonymous
      November 15, 2008 at 11:32 am

Shan, Great way to get him to try new things!!!:D Way To Go Ben!!! At least she didn’t paint your nails too!!!;) ๐Ÿ˜€ Keep Up The News!!!:) Hugs!!!

• Anonymous
      November 15, 2008 at 5:41 pm

[SIZE=”5″]CONGRATULATIONS! Ben ๐Ÿ˜€ [/SIZE]

• Anonymous
      November 15, 2008 at 9:27 pm

Way to go Ben..now I wanna see those toenails painted pink..lol. Shannon I can just picture you doing that. You always make me laugh.

Love you guys

• Anonymous
      November 19, 2008 at 3:51 pm

Haha, you guys are funny! And Stacey, no, he couldn’t make circles with his foot or do anything with it. But now, like Dawn said, we can play footsies! :p

• Anonymous
      November 19, 2008 at 4:00 pm

[FONT=”Comic Sans MS”][SIZE=”5″][COLOR=”Blue”]Congratulation to you and Ben![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      November 20, 2008 at 7:48 am

News like that is very promising. You both know that healing is continually
      happening and that as more time elapses it should get better and better.

Awesome!

• Anonymous
      November 20, 2008 at 9:21 am

Shannon,
      That is great news,31/2 years, surprise, surprise! Big things come in small packages, in this case, (the foot). ๐Ÿ˜€
      Congratulations to Ben
      Shirley