gov/disability

• Anonymous
      October 27, 2008 at 8:08 pm

Hi jim here I hope some one will read who can and will help. theres alot of us unable to work due to what happened to us.And our live,s turned upside down.We fight for disability for several years and get attorneys and theY take 25%of what you get off top.but they don,t make any noise or ruffel any feather,s just sit and wait. like our bill,s are going to wait.I,m fighting to get medicade back cause they took.cause my dad died last sept.and left my sibs and me some money.well my wife and i didnt have any thing so we got house paid in full no morgage.we updated electric new roof paint in an out all new applances ours was trash so we needed bad.and kids needed clothes.spelling real bad.and other things we needed clothes. witch i just got 2/3 pair pnts like my favorite rustlers 10.00 pair kmart.and wife got some .then we payed bills up 1month several times and house insurance.and then I have to pay for meds no insurance its 265.00 a pop and that hurt. this is just one prscript.and buying food for five is,nt cheap. and payed off back child support didnt have to they said cause i,m disabiled. so i could have waited until i got but they deserved good christmas.AND IM SO GREATFUL GOD BLESSED MY WIFE AND KIDS WITH I THINK THE BEST CHRISTMAS LAST YEAR GOD IS GOOD AMEN.SO WHAT IM GETTING AT IS ITS ALL GONE AND COULD,NT GET INSURANCE CAUSE OF PRECONDITION.AND MONTEL WELL HE,S A JOKE CALLED NUMBER FOR HELP WITH MEDS NOTHING. DR,PHIL WELL LETS JUST SAY HE REALLY DONT CARE. SO HERE WE ARE WAITING AND WONDERING WHAT TO DO DOC APP, NOV 4TH. CANT PAY BUT HAVE TO GO SO I CAN GET SCRIPS FOR PAIN. IM LOST I GIVE UP ON AMERICAN GOV THEY ARE FULL OF LIES. SO IF SOME ONE CAN HELP PLEASE DO FAMILY OF FIVE IN INDIANA GBS SURVIVER.AND LOSING FAITH IN ANY GOV OR POLITIONS SEEMS THERE WALLETS ARE FAT AND THERE COVERED. AND WE JUST DONT MATTER. EVEN EVAN BAYH ISNT DOING ANY THING OR MIKE PENCE. NO WHO NOT TO VOTE FOR RIGHT. SORRY FOR RAMBILING JIM.:confused:

• Anonymous
      October 27, 2008 at 8:33 pm

Hang in there, Jim. I have not gotten a chance to find the newspaper article talking about disability in Indiana, but have not forgotten. I will look for it. I wanted to say too suggestions, if this is possible. I attend two support groups and you live in between them. One is in Indy and is lead by a neurologist and meets every month the third Monday of the month from 6:30 to 8. It is for all people with neuropathy, but most of the issues are the same and there is a lot of good discussion about ways to help pain, wobbliness, weakness, etc. It is also not “touchy feely” and there are several men that are patients or sponses. Think about coming some time, it might help you and your spouse if you can. The other support group that has met only twice so far is in Dayton, OH. It meets on Saturdays about every three months and is specific for GBS/CIDP. It also has been really, really nice–lots of friendly folks that understand what life is like. I can get you the addresses for either or for anyone else interested. Since I drive past Richmond to go to Dayton, if you are interested but cannot drive that far, we might find a way to meet and you could ride to the Dayton meeting with me or with someone else going that direction.

Hey, it might be nice to have a listing of support groups/regional meetings available at the symposium perhaps at the state dinner.

WithHope for a cure of these diseases

• Anonymous
      October 27, 2008 at 9:51 pm

Hi Jim! Some doctors have a way of getting in touch with the Pharmaceutical companies and they give medications out for free to those that apply. Contact your doctor to see if he can do this for you. Also contact the pharmaceutical company where your meds come from. If you have the proper forms filled out and send everything they request they will send you meds at no charge. You can call your pharmacy and find out the Pharmacuetical company and then get your doctor to write a script.
      Certainly not fair to any of us dealing with things right now! Try this out and see what happens. It might just work.
      My cousin is having problems with his meds and this is what he did and now gets his meds for free. They go by income and dependents. Good luck my friend! Good luck!
      Hugs
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      October 28, 2008 at 2:02 am

There is a social services program here that is just like insurance you pay so much out of pocket then the rest is free. I am not sure what it is called i will ask my neice. but as soon as she made her deductible then she asked the doctor for 3 month perscriptions and they were paid for. It really helped her family not a free solution but a solution no the less. Good luck

• Anonymous
      October 28, 2008 at 6:34 am

[QUOTE=WithHope]Hang in there, Jim. I have not gotten a chance to find the newspaper article talking about disability in Indiana, but have not forgotten. I will look for it. I wanted to say too suggestions, if this is possible. I attend two support groups and you live in between them. One is in Indy and is lead by a neurologist and meets every month the third Monday of the month from 6:30 to 8. It is for all people with neuropathy, but most of the issues are the same and there is a lot of good discussion about ways to help pain, wobbliness, weakness, etc. It is also not “touchy feely” and there are several men that are patients or sponses. Think about coming some time, it might help you and your spouse if you can. The other support group that has met only twice so far is in Dayton, OH. It meets on Saturdays about every three months and is specific for GBS/CIDP. It also has been really, really nice–lots of friendly folks that understand what life is like. I can get you the addresses for either or for anyone else interested. Since I drive past Richmond to go to Dayton, if you are interested but cannot drive that far, we might find a way to meet and you could ride to the Dayton meeting with me or with someone else going that direction.

Hey, it might be nice to have a listing of support groups/regional meetings available at the symposium perhaps at the state dinner.

WithHope for a cure of these diseases[/QUOTE]I wish we had somthing here cause i dont like to travel legs an arms unpredictable and wife scared of high way lol .thanks for info.:D

• Anonymous
      October 28, 2008 at 6:37 am

Thank you guys an gals I really aprechate help now if i could spell .:D