Good wishes for Marc

• Anonymous
      October 5, 2006 at 7:33 pm

As some have discovered “On the Lighter Side”, Marc hasn’t been feeling well. (there is a question as to the validity of the daughter’s post). Regardless, it’s time to “rally the troops” just because we haven’t heard from him in awhile.

Marc, you are missed and I’m waiting to hear, from you, that you are able to be back posting with the rest of this family. Hang in there!
      ๐Ÿ™‚ ‘s & hugs, Judi

• Anonymous
      October 5, 2006 at 8:50 pm

Marc,

There are a lot of people worried about you. Please get well soon, we miss reading your posts.

• Anonymous
      October 5, 2006 at 9:00 pm

Here I find what I’ve been looking for…Miss you Racer come back soon.

• Anonymous
      October 5, 2006 at 9:53 pm

Marc,

Hope you are doing better. We miss you here and all of us hope you’ll be back with us soon.

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      October 6, 2006 at 10:16 am

Marc,

Sure missing you. Looking forward to hearing from you real soon!

• Anonymous
      October 6, 2006 at 3:32 pm

Hi all,

I need to make this short(sigh of relief from you all:) ), because just getting back from the hospital has drained a lot of my energy. Need to get tank half full at least.
      WATCH a program this weekend called Car Crazy, on at 6:30 Pacific time, aired on the Speed Channel, this Sunday. Check your local listings for sure times. A letter will be read during the last 10 minutes, and you all may find it interesting. Trying to get GBS out there so people can hear the name. Aired last night, but will be repeted this weekend. Check Saturday, but I believe Sunday is the repete episode. Tell me what you saw and heard.
      Thanks, Marc

• Anonymous
      October 6, 2006 at 3:40 pm

Marc,

It great to hear that you are home from the hospital! Hope you’ll be as feisty as ever really soon.

Best wishes, Suzanne

• Anonymous
      October 6, 2006 at 4:59 pm

marc,

no need to answer my e. glad UR ok. regain your strength. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      October 6, 2006 at 6:42 pm

Hey,

Thanks all. The program, Car Crazy, is on 6:30 AM Sunday. Set your recorders and cheer for mentioning GBS. Half hour show, last 10 minutes is importent. That’s AM Pacific. Thanks agin. You’re all great.:)

• Anonymous
      October 7, 2006 at 12:01 am

Glad to see you’re back, marc!:) are you playing with cars again?! i don’t have cable/dish. i’ll try to go over to my mom’s to see it.

• Anonymous
      October 7, 2006 at 12:32 am

[COLOR=”Purple”]Welcome back, Marc! You’ve been missed.[/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      October 7, 2006 at 5:11 am

Welcome back, Marc! I always love to read your posts. Hope you are doing well.

• Anonymous
      October 7, 2006 at 1:44 pm

How cool is this ~ Marc is back ๐Ÿ˜Ž As with all of our ‘family’, I wish for you that each day will find you improving, even just a smidgin! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      October 8, 2006 at 10:02 am

Hey Marc I saw it what a great story wow it was well done [COLOR=”Red”][B]Bravo[/B][/COLOR]

Sue

• Anonymous
      October 9, 2006 at 6:51 pm

Hi there,

For the longest time here, people have said GBS never gets recognition, and wish they could get the name Guillain-Barre’ Syndrome published or on the air waves. I did just that. At least a half million people saw it, and I’ve gotten a responce already from a viewer with GBS.
      Sue saw it, and to me, it was all about GBS, but to get it aired, it has to have a personal touch. It appears after giving out the time of the TV show here on the forums, only Sue saw it. :confused:
      Thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts. I’m recovering nicely and will be around somewhere.

• Anonymous
      October 9, 2006 at 8:13 pm

Marc,

I wasn’t able to see it but I think it’s great that you were able to get it out there to so many people. The more awareness the better.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      October 9, 2006 at 9:47 pm

Racer, I wanted to watch it but our cable system does not have the Speed channel. But, my parents in Ohio have it and they watched it and taped it and are sending it to me. I will watch, I promise! And many thanks from all of us!

• Anonymous
      October 10, 2006 at 9:19 am

Hey Marc, I wanted to see it, but we don’t subscribe to TV. Thank you for all the work you put into “airing GBS”! You will never know the number of people that will be helped because they, a family member, or friend saw it. Bravo ๐Ÿ˜€

• Anonymous
      October 10, 2006 at 6:56 pm

Marc,

On behalf of all of us who have had this disease, thank you for getting some public notice. We don’t get that channel, but still lots of other people have seen it.

Take care and be well. Suzanne

• Anonymous
      October 11, 2006 at 8:06 am

Awesome job, Marc.

I wonder if anybody here has the IT expertise to take the television segment and turn it into a link from the GBSFI “News” Page?

Just a thought from a technology and intelligence deficient GBSer

• Anonymous
      October 11, 2006 at 8:36 pm

That would be great Doug if someone could do that. Thank you Marc for your work. I didn’t get to see it either but would love to. Hopefully someone will check this out and see if it can be done. There is knowledge out there somewhere :p

• Anonymous
      October 12, 2006 at 2:56 pm

Hi agin,

It was, and is, a hard TV show to catch. It will be aired agin in the TV off season, but what time that will be is anyone’s guess. Anyone out there who used wax on a car, probably used a McQuire product. I will be getting a DVD of the show, and if anyone, like Swimm, can tell me how, I can get it on my computer, then set up a link?? ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      October 12, 2006 at 3:07 pm

Hey Marc,

thanks for the post. I am an idiot when it comes to computers and such, but luckily the IT department reports to me at work. Once you have a DVD or CD-ROM of the show excerpt, I will try to get one of our IT guru’s to find a potential solution for the link. Before we can make public, though, we may need to ensure that we legally can post it (copyright, etc …). The worst thing we could do is to provide the information but then have the show producers sue GBSFI or specific members.

When the time comes, remind me and I will get an IT geek to provide some direction.

Thanks bud,
      doug

๐Ÿ˜Ž

• Anonymous
      October 13, 2006 at 12:42 pm

I tried to get the repeat of the show by going onto the Speed Cable channel in hopes that might have archived the program– no luck -but if the program can be DVD’d I’m sure that it can somehow get on line.( so say my IT people)

Getting the GBS message out is truly a noble cause — so many people including the medical world have little knowledge of what we endure. I’m proud to have been asked by Burke Rehab Hosp.(White Plains NY) to be interviewed for their annual report for 2006.

I guess I will now have to get Tivo so I can record these programs — with my early to bed routine I’m missing to much ..

Just anothe quick note — you advised me sometime ago on my articulated AFOs -moving along well as they now need some adjustment — sit/stand so close after months and moving from walker to loftstrands — 33 months and counting – (also passed the driving test 4 wheels only! )

All the best to you and your many fans

Robert L

• Anonymous
      October 13, 2006 at 5:13 pm

Robert, Is the goal to get to 2 wheels and feel the wind in your hair again?
      Ahh, heaven, but I like to be in the back, hands aren’t strong enough to manuever the clutch anmore. But I did ride solo, yeah I know Chicks on Bikes, for 20 years post GBS.

And Racer, my Father sent the vhs tape and I got to watch!!!! BRAVO, BRAVO! Now, we have a system on our computer that converts VHS to digital, but would I have to have some kind of copyright stuff to post? Anybody look into that?

Bless you!