Good night family! I’m beat!

• Anonymous
      August 17, 2008 at 7:07 pm

Wishing you all a nice Sunday evening or Monday because of few of you are in a different country meaning it’s Monday for you.
      I’m a little tired tonight. My husband and I did alot of stuff this weekend. Went to Walmart grocery shopping and then grabbed a bite to eat. That tuckered me out Saturday.
      This morning we went over my mom’s house and picked 2 bags of ripe figs and then came home were I cleaned them, sterilized the canning jars and put up 16 jars of Strawberry Fig Preserves and 6 Jars of Fig Syrup Honey. 22 jars of canning today! My husband had to help me tighten the lids on the jars though. He did a good job helping me with that.
      Those two fig trees are loaded too! This was the first picking. Next weekend will probably be another batch. I will fix some more Fig Syrup Honey because I like using that for glazing on hams and baked chicken. Plus it is an medicinal natural medicine for headaches, colds, constipation and dispepsia. 2 teaspoons a day help the bowel problems stay away. Helps with asthma also! Old Chinese Remedy and was used in the Bible for many health issues back then. It helps with corns on your feet, warts. I had a wart on my knee and used a batch to rub on my leg area and the wart went away. Very good fruit that is very healthy.
      After the Fig Syrup, I then fix Fig Candy and freeze them for Christmas Holidays. And I fix a few other things. So those figs get many uses and many meals. Saves on the grocery bill too!
      Well, I’m tired and tuckered out. Going to go lay in bed and see if anything good is on TV tonight. Hopefully a good movie! Everybody have a very good night. I hope we all stay pain free tonight and don’t suffer!

• Anonymous
      August 17, 2008 at 7:14 pm

Linda, hope you slept well. After all that canning and food prep I would think you would sleep like a log. Figs? That is a foreign food around here. Had to look up and see where you are from. I used to do a lot of canning, but with the kids gone and very little strength for more than the everyday stuff, I wrote it off.
      The figs sure sound yummy.

• Anonymous
      August 18, 2008 at 6:28 am

Hi Jaydee! I actually slept very well last night and got a good nights sleep. Finally! Took a Neurontin. I really don’t like Neurontin but it seems to be the only drug that helps the nerve pain. Lyrica did nothing. Buspar was working but the dose is too low. And am taking it like candy. Decided to go back on Neurontin until I see the Duke Doctor!
      A little tired this morning though! Think I overdid it on the weekend. Something I have noticed! When I overpush myself trying to do something productive then I pay the price a few days!
      Hope your night was good also!

• Anonymous
      August 18, 2008 at 2:51 pm

Linda,
      It is so true, when I do alot one day it takes me 2 days to recover. I truley enjoy your posts. I am so glad you slept well last night. Have you ever tried requip for your leg pain at night? I am on 3mg a night & it really does help. Just a thought.
      Cathy:)

• Anonymous
      August 18, 2008 at 10:44 pm

LindaH , No wonder you are tired but maybe that does help you sleep. Of course washing 6 sets of sheets and towel for 7 and cleaning after everyone is gone , I stay awake like tonight to catch up on e-mails , paying bills, and reading paper I never got to read in the last few days and I do not have cidp.

So to all of you who keep going I honor you for your guts, and hope someone will find a cure for these diseases.

Husband will go for plasma phersis tomorrow then Wed to cardiologist to see results of his stress test. He has not seen a cardiologist since we left Ohio 3 years ago and finally agreed to go. So we both have a very busy week before leaving. He has a stent from 9 years ago and I have been worried about the life of it,etc. He also needs 3 wisdom teeth out which we will check with this Dr. Levin at Cleveland on all these things. Any other suggestions out there for questions please respond.

The only time he has shown any improvement after any kind of treatment has been this plasma phersis. We told his neur his tremors in legs which ended in his falling every day had ended. But as soon as we left and went to get something for supper it happened 2 more times. Does that mean the treatment is due?

I always felt if the neuro had agreed to do ivig closer than 6 weeks apart that might have been something that could have helped him. I did ask if Medicare is going to take care of this as I thought it was mostly for gbs. and he said definately.

Has anyone from this site gone to Cleveland Clinic in Ohio for a 2nd treatment besides us.
      Thanks for listening.

• August 18, 2008 at 11:13 pm

Joan,
      Check your pm’s.

• Anonymous
      August 18, 2008 at 11:25 pm

A friend of mine went to the Cleveland Clinic. She was pretty bad off with Lupus and had COPD that was not good at all. They actually helped her quite a bit. Sounds like you had a very busy weekend Joan! Sure hope your husband starts getting better. Maybe the company and him staying up is being to much for his body. He’s trying to be himself but overpushing his body causing the leg shaking and possibly relasping.
      I have noticed in my case any little bit of stress even enjoyable stress of having company, the next few day’s I get shakes and tremors in my legs. Sometimes arms!
      Thank-you Cathy for the compliment! I try to help as many in here with questions as I can. Me having Lupus for several years that stays out of control and CNS Lupus at that you learn alot. You research alot and the longer you have it, the easier it gets to explain. 😀
      When I first got sick! I barely went to see doctor’s unless I had an infection that needed antibiotics. Boy was I stupid back then! I never heard of Lupus before. Would go see doctor and tell them, I felt bad! I never realized there were symptoms in a disease because I never had any disease as what I thought! Next visit to doctor! I have headaches and upset stomachs and my feet keep falling asleep. LOL!
      Now when I go to see the doctor! I have headaches that always start on left side, causes jaw pain and eye ball pain. I describe the amount of pain. I take 800mg Ibuprophen, then run to get 10mgs of prednisone, then I grab a neurontin and then have to take tylenol with codiene and the pain finally eases away. Now that’s a nasty headache! I describe my numbness and tingling now in a different way too. Even fatigue I explain my limitations. How can a doctor help me if he only knows headache, upset stomach and legs falling asleep. I write down my every day experiences and now just hand them the paper to read! 😀 With me, it’s better to hand them the paper. They can read much faster without hearing my mouth going 50 miles an hour getting them all confused.