good neuro in the Knoxville TN area

• Anonymous
      April 15, 2007 at 10:34 am

Have just completed a series of Plasma exchange, had IVIG some 5 years ago, both to no avail. Now the Nephrologist wants to start me on cellcept. Before I go any further; would like a consult with a good Neurologist. Any ideas. Can travel a few hundred miles if necessary.

• Anonymous
      April 15, 2007 at 2:51 pm

Hi Jack:

Just trying to help. Here’s what I found on the internet.

Here are some neurologists in Knoxville.

Now I have no idea if they are competent or not but at least it’s a start.

Kliefoth A B MD
      (865) 524-9400
      Po Box 51648 – Knoxville, TN 37950
      … parkinson association, parkinson disease, parkinson disease doctor, pediatric neurologist, pediatric neurologist, peripheral nervo…

Paulsen William A MD
      (865) 546-6821
      1932 Alcoa Highway Ste 450 – Knoxville, TN 37920
      … parkinson association, parkinson disease, parkinson disease doctor, pediatric neurologist, pediatric neurologist, peripheral nervo…

Reid Williams S MD 2.7 Mi
      (865) 329-4003
      1932 Alcoa Highway – Knoxville, TN 37920
      TN Brain and Spine Neurosurgery – Neurological Surgery

Hope I was of some help.

Sincerely,
      Melody

• Anonymous
      April 17, 2007 at 8:45 pm

Jack,
      I’m new to this illness, released from Ft. Sanders Hospital five weeks ago today. My neurologist is Dr. Darrell Thomas (Darrell is his middle name). I confess that I did not want to have CIDP/GB, so I went to another neuro for a second opinion. The other neuro checked me over and told me that Dr. Thomas is on the right track. He also informed me that Dr. Thomas is the best neurologist in this area for this type of neurological disorder and related neuropathy–a very good referral for a doctor from a competing practice. I’d give Dr. Thomas a try. Good luck and God bless.

• Anonymous
      April 17, 2007 at 9:41 pm

Dr. David Uskavitch in Nashville. Vanderbilt Hospital. Call his office and ask for Jackie, his nurse. Tell her what you are going through and see what the doc says. He has me on Rituxan after ivig failed me. Tell Nurse Jackie, John C., one of their cidp patients said you should call them. Good luck!

Sorry, I dont have his new number. He recently moved from St. Thomas to Vandy.

• Anonymous
      April 17, 2007 at 10:32 pm

Here ya go!!!

I Just googled it.

Uskavitch David R MD
      (615) 297-2049

28 Bosley Oaks
      Nashville, TN 37205