Good Article on New Injection Therapy

    • Anonymous
      January 29, 2007 at 2:39 pm

      Just read this today at 1/29/2007 ”Discovery may lead to novel treatments for autoimmune and chronic inflammatory diseases” and also in the ”Journal Immunity” jan/2007 issue. Basically what it says is that researchers were studing how IVIG works to halt or slow down different inflammatory autoimmune diseases and they discovered a receptor that when exposed tp just 0.5% of IVIG that the inflammation subsides and the disease gets better. So since only 0.5% is needed and not the other 99.5% they are working to get rid of the costly and lengthy IV drips and instead recieve an injection at the neuros office or maybe at home as MS patients do.

      There’s more to the article but just wanted to pass along in case you want to read it. Maybe somone can post it on here for all to read. Imagine possibly no more IVIG drips and instead just a quick injection in the near future. Keep going modern science…Take care everyone…

    • Anonymous
      January 29, 2007 at 6:12 pm

      Thanks Eric, great article. Here is a link, cut and paste:


    • Anonymous
      January 29, 2007 at 6:38 pm

      All forms of science are moving ahead so rapidly that I am in awe. For those of us who are suffering and discouraged the knowledge can’t come soon enough! And I am sure that most medical people are anxious too.