Going to the dr today

• Anonymous
      April 1, 2008 at 7:48 am

I am going back to the neuro today to have him probably tell me I have progressed and that we can either try more IVIG or steroids. The IVIG didnt work in the past…not to make things better…however, I didnt get worse during the course. The steroids…no way. I wont go there again.

I really dont know what will happen. I want him to do an EMG but I know I
      will have to do that another day. I am very curious about that.

I’m really missing my mom and it’s been a rough few days. We are cleaning her house and getting ready for an estate sale. Yesterday was a rainy yucky day and I cried all day long. I just miss her so so much.
      She was involved in alot of community theatre…mostly musicals. I remember going with her to her first audition. She nailed it and every audition there after. Most times she had the leading role. I have all of her shows on VHS and planning to convert them to DVD. There is also a cd that they made from one of her shows called Generation to Generation. She was the lead, of course. There are a few songs on that cd that really hit home right now.
      One is called, Life was Simple then and the other is called So Quickly. So Quickly is a song she is singing to her daughter just before she passes away and at the end the daughter sings, please dont go away. My mom sings like a powerhouse. I listen to the cd in the car every time I am in it and I listen to it all day at work. I want her back.
      I want one more hug…I want to tell her one more time that I love her and thank her for being everything I ever needed her to be. It’s been almost 7 weeeks and I havent really mourned yet…I am so busy with things that I think that helps but some days I just cant hardly function. I know she is with me…I know she is.

I’ll let you know about the dr.

wish me luck…hoping they dont lock me up for being sad. He saw my mom a few times, too and she was also with me when I first went to him….and I havent seen him since she passed. She used to worry so much about me. She also thought the dr was a “hottie”. He’s not bad…younger than I am and that just doesnt seem right ! He’s very straight…I want to lighten him up a bit someday. ya think ? I”m not really strong enough to talk about my mom without crying right now so I plan to fall apart.
      He’ll think I’m even more of a big baby.:rolleyes:

best wishes,
      Stacey

• April 1, 2008 at 10:25 am

Stacey,
      I hope it goes well at the doc today. You do sound like you are grieving, in a good uplifting way, remembering all the good things that you guys shared. It seems like your mom enriched your life imeasurably, I suspect the grieving will be more on a pleasant note than you think since you harbor no ill feelings or regrets. Your mom seems like she was a wonderful woman that left you prepared for life and kind and loving.

On another note, I seem to remember a hottie conversation before, I believe with the PT guy!! What happened to him? HA HA!!!
      Dawn

• Anonymous
      April 1, 2008 at 11:22 am

Stacey – your mom is with you. I believe that loved ones never really leave us. They are always in our hearts & in our thoughts. She’s looking down on you & she will be with you while you are with the dr.

I also wanted to say that stress can bring on CIDP symptoms. I hope that you haven’t progressed & it’s just the stress making you feel crappy.

You should probably get that EMG.

HUGS & good luck today,
      Kelly

• Anonymous
      April 1, 2008 at 12:41 pm

thanks ladies.

Dawn the other hottie was the AFO guy. I’m done seeing him unless I need an adjustment. Hmm. :p

• Anonymous
      April 1, 2008 at 2:20 pm

Stacey,
      I’m here anytime you need someone to talk to, you know that I understand how much you can miss a mom. I haven’t been posting too much and I get behind in emails because I’m trying to get packing done for a move, get my mothers house (now mine) cleaned out and ready to sell (no one from family is helping me yet) and I just keep push push pushing myself to get things done.

My doctor wanted me to stay on just IVIG’s, so I listened to him. Always remember that another important purpose of IVIG’s is to CONTROL the progression. I rarely felt stronger or felt improvements, I always just felt the same, not better, but never worse.

• Anonymous
      April 1, 2008 at 2:39 pm

[FONT=”Comic Sans MS”][SIZE=”2″]Dear Stacey,
      There’s no time limit on the grieving process, it’s nearly 28 yrs since my Mom passed and i still want that last hug, there are just never enough.
      Hold tight to your memories and don’t worry about other’s thinking you’re a big baby, if they don’t understand they’re not worth bothering with.
      Good luck at the Dr.s,
      my prayers and thoughts are with you.
      V[/SIZE][/FONT]