Going backwards again,

• Anonymous
      October 17, 2007 at 12:17 am

Hi again,

These last three weeks are going backwards. The fatigue has set in badly and now my drop feet is getting alot worse. Now six vials of blood and waiting for test results again. :rolleyes: Seeing if the muscles are doing that anthropy thing again 🙁 Just keep going and do what I can.

• Anonymous
      October 17, 2007 at 1:28 am

Does the weather changeing have a big part to play with the residuals acting up ? It sure does me, and when the barometer gets below 30 I have all kinds of stuff start acting worse. Hope you get to feeling better soon. You may want to slow down a mite too.
      God bless,
      Drummer

• Anonymous
      October 17, 2007 at 7:46 am

john,

if muscle waste, you need more exercise. but since you mention fatigue, i 1st suspect you need to rest big time lying down. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      October 17, 2007 at 7:48 am

I hope your symptoms are from being over tired and not a relapse. I know my drop foot gets bad when I’ve walked too far. I think I can get a few blocks and then I’m done…the feet flap and I get scared if I dont have help.

I’m working on getting AFO’s. Do you have them ?

….wishing you well soon.

Stacey

• Anonymous
      October 17, 2007 at 10:58 am

Connorzmom I have never had them or was offerded them. I know my drop feet is not from over doing it. I wake up in the morning numb from the knee’s down and off and flooping I go LOL. I have to laugh about this because that is all I can do. I usually get better when it gets colder for some strange reason but something is different this year. When you read my ID that is what I do so I am sitting all the time. Somedays I can’t even do that because of strength in the arms. Thanks for the incouragement everyone 🙂

• Anonymous
      October 17, 2007 at 11:36 am

John,

I am numb from the knees down, too. I dont know HOW I am able to walk. My left foot is the worst in that I cant really lift it upwards. It doesnt stay dropped…I can lift it but not like a normal person can. My right foot has declined over the last few mos to the point of almost as bad as the left. My toes on the right are affected as I cant spread them…cant do that on either foot. Sometimes I can wiggle them, sometimes not.

I have been told by my neuro that he is suprised at how well I walk. I never understood fully what he meant by that until I found myself at the Qwest Center with my little boy and I”d walked too far and had no “lift” left in either foot.
      My EMG results show a whole lot of No Response.

I have been advised by many here to get the AFO’s before I fall and hurt something. And, I am to see a dr on Friday about it. I had an appt last week but moved it to this week…I have this thing called denial from time to time. But, I am keeping the appt.
      I’ll let you know…b/c maybe it’s what you need, too !

I hope that it goes away….but, it’s been over a year for me and it hasnt…sometimes it’s better than others…and if I wear the right shoe…New Balance tennies, I do ok.
      but, I still cant go far by myself…I dont have a cane. I dont want one of those, either.

And you are right…we have to laugh…we really really do.

It’s a very rainy day here in Omaha…flood watches surrounding the city…lots of people with wet basements. Luckily, nothing like that at my house. The sky light drips on occasion…

feel better soon.

Stacey