Getting admitted today! Going in! Yahoo or should I say

• Anonymous
      September 24, 2008 at 12:05 pm

Just got the phone call this morning and they are going to be admitting me in today! So you may not see me around a while until I get better! Surgery is being scheduled for sometime tomorrow morning. They said around 9 but I am not quite sure just yet. My brother in law had his surgery scheduled at a certain time too and it was 3 hours later before they got to him. But having surgery tomorrow! Finally!
      I just hope and pray I wake up doing okay and not hearing any bad bad news. Also hope this takes the CIDP stuff away. Ohh! Got my letter from Duke Medical Center! They scheduled me for November 6th.
      Think I will still keep that appointment just in case after this surgery my nervous system goes wacky again. I’d rather be safe than sorry and if need further treatment, I think Duke would be my best bet!
      Well, I’m getting offline and heading out the door to go and retrieve my hospital bed before something happens and they change things! This time they will not see me leaving that hospital under no circumstances! I don’t care if I have to wait for a bed, I’m not letting anybody have it!:D
      I’m ready! Lets get it done!
      Wishing everybody my best in here and hope you all stay well!:D

• Anonymous
      September 24, 2008 at 8:27 pm

Well good luck, girl! Saying some prayers. Hope you get to check your email in Club Med.

Mags

• Anonymous
      September 24, 2008 at 8:46 pm

Good luck Linda! You’re in my prayers!

Kelly

• Anonymous
      September 24, 2008 at 9:51 pm

Best wishes! I hope and pray the surgery is a success and you have a fast recovery! Hugs!

• Anonymous
      September 25, 2008 at 8:15 am

Linda, thinking of you that surgery is a success and all goes well.
      Prayers
      Shirley

• Anonymous
      September 25, 2008 at 10:15 am

Linda, you know we are all praying and sending good thoughts your way.
      Good luck with your surgery.

• Anonymous
      September 25, 2008 at 10:15 am

Yep. May God bless and keep you.

• Anonymous
      September 25, 2008 at 2:10 pm

Linda:
      Have not been on here for a while except to check on how you are. You have my sincere love,support and prayers for a successful surgery and recovery. Hoping this is the answer for you.
      Joanf

• Anonymous
      September 25, 2008 at 7:22 pm

Linda,
      Thinking of you & you are in my prayers. Hope all goes well.
      God Bless

• Anonymous
      September 25, 2008 at 7:52 pm

Wishing you all my best. Praying you get the good news that you want.

• Anonymous
      September 28, 2008 at 4:50 am

Good Luck Linda. We will keep the football game going for you while you are down.

• September 29, 2008 at 11:10 pm

Linda, Still praying for you… Gary

• Anonymous
      October 1, 2008 at 7:04 am

Bless your hearts! Thank-you so much for the prayers. I just got home from the hospital yesterday afternoon. I am having a hard time looking at the screen because of a migraine that I have had all week and you might not see me in here much this week because of it.
      They removed my thyroid with success but decided to remove a few lymph nodes around the thyroid. Have not been able to talk much and my voice won’t come out but they said that might happen but usually comes back in a few weeks. So I can only whisper right now. Biopsy determined my cancer to be the very good treatable kind with good prognosis and the cancer was inside the thyroid and showed no signs of spreading. Biopsy also reported me being Hyperthyroidism with Graves Disease. I had the Graves disease Antibody. No wonder I have been so sick.

They took me out of surgery and got me to my room and then my tonsils and neck started swelling. Tonsils were bright red. So the doctor had to IV a strong antibotic and 500 mgs were given. Swelling got so bad that they had to rush me into surgery again. They removed the tonsils and part of the swollen tissue and kept me on the pulse steroids and antibiotic. Also placed a drainage tube to keep the fluid from building up. A few rough days to say the least!

Because the thytoid is no longer there and removed I then became Hypothyroid which happens when it’s removed. I was given my first RAI treament and get 1 Radiation treatment next week. This is to bring the levels down for Hypo. On Beta Blockers right now, Antibiotic and still taking steroids but a low dose of that. Medrol pack. See the doctor again on Monday of next week.
      Now! The CIDP issue is still unsolved. Could be Graves but could be Lupus or it might be something else lurking. Doctor has written an order at Duke when I go on the 6th of November and he wants a spinal and nerve biopsy done to rule out Lupus or Graves and see if there is a Neuromuscular problem. Since I have two auto immune disorders now, we need to figure out which one is causing the CIDP. Lupus and Graves can both cause this issue. Told me by the biopsy that I have had a thyroid issue for quite some time and it could have caused damage to my nervous system. But so can Lupus. And the CIDP get’s different treatments for each disease. They don’t want me getting treatment for Lupus CIDP if it’s not Lupus causing the CIDP. So we have to rule out which one caused it. Then we have to look at another possible of me having a Neuromuscular disease causing the CIDP. He thinks we have our answers but wants me checked really good first before they treat me for the CIDP. If it was Graves that caused this, then because of my surgery and getting medications for that and treatment now, the CIDP with Graves is usually reversible! Meaning I would start getting better and would improve. Lupus though with CIDP requires more serious treatment. Rituxan and IVIG’s. Or another Chemo drug with IVIG’s. So I am still not out of the woods yet. I hope it was Graves that caused it. And then he mentioned that I too could have CIDP with a neuromuscular problem still lurking. Right now we are hoping Graves and so is my doctor!
      My biggest fear right now is knowing how bad I got 3 weeks after my spine surgery having the attack on my nervous system that scared me to death and I have that to worry about right now. I’m doing okay right now except for the nasty sinus type of headache but it’s my surgery that is causing that. Having Lupus too you become a slow healer. What takes a normal person with no health issues to heal fast ends up taking me a few weeks to heal. My hands don’t feel as burny so I am hoping it was Graves that caused this. Keeping my fingers crossed. Ohh! After my thyroid surgery, the first two days were rough but I then started sleeping all night.. with medications though but I actually got some sleep. Yeahh! ๐Ÿ˜€
      Only one other problem. I have been complaining about double vision, blurred vision and one eye hurting all the time. The doctor wants me seeing an Opthalmologist also to check my eyes. Thinks that I might have Thyroid Eye Disease causing damage to my eyes. If so they might have to do another surgery on my eyes to repair the damage. But I might be okay. He seems to be concerned about one of my eyes.
      Better get offline now. This computer screen has been hurting my eyes with this headache and makes my eyes watery. Will be back in here soon.
      Thank-you Dick for helping with the Football Pool!
      Just want to say that I love you all in here. Each and every one of us are so special. And I am so happy that I found such a friendly family in here! If I do get better and my CIDP was caused by Graves and it’s reversible… If I get better! I think I will try and raise some money and donate it to the GBS-CIDP Foundation. I pray that each of us in here may some day see a cure!
      Hugs
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      October 1, 2008 at 8:38 am

Linda,
      What a rough time you have had. Now that surgery is over I will be praying that you heal and have good results from your spinal and nerve biopsy.
      Rest and get better.
      Shirley

• Anonymous
      October 1, 2008 at 9:01 am

Linda, been watching and waiting for post-surgery update. Glad to see you back. Sounds like you need lots of TLC. Rest, rest and more rest. Your body has been under a lot of stress so take time for yourself.
      Good luck as you continue to gt answers.
      Remembering you in our prayers.

• Anonymous
      October 1, 2008 at 11:58 am

Linda, glad the operation went OK and the cancer didn’t spread. But there is so much still up in the air. Hope you find some answers soon and the right treatment.Hang in there

• Anonymous
      October 1, 2008 at 5:07 pm

Linda, I’m so glad that you have returned home! For now, just rest lots and drink lots of water to help flush the anesthetic from your body. You have made it this far and can do the rest of the climb “when the time comes” ๐Ÿ™‚ Hugs!

• Anonymous
      October 1, 2008 at 5:38 pm

Yeah Linda’s back! Glad things looked good from the surgery point of view. Sorry things are still up in the air for you but you are working on getting the answers. Don’t give up! Prayers, good wishes for a speedy recovery and some good news. And of course Hugs!:D

• October 1, 2008 at 6:44 pm

Great news,
      My friend did not get her voice all the way back for 3 weeks, then she was fine. It took her a while to adjust the pills to compensate for the thyroid. She was tired during this time. To date, all is well with her. glad you are finally getting help and direction. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
      Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      October 1, 2008 at 7:39 pm

Hi Linda,

So glad everything went okay! You have done remarkably well with your post explaining how everything went.
      You were right about my Niece’s thyroid lumps – she had the biopsy done on her 4 large lumps on her thyroid and they were found to be benign.
      Fingers/toes crossed that you will continue to improve and get some resolution with CIDP.
      Good luck
      Kazza

• Anonymous
      October 2, 2008 at 8:57 am

Linda,
      So glad to see you are home from the hosp. It sounds like maybe you are on your road to recovery (finally, huh?):)
      I hope everything works out well for you. I have been watching everyday for you to return, glad your back now just hang in there & continue to heal! Your in my prayers.

• Anonymous
      October 2, 2008 at 3:49 pm

Feeling a little better today! Still have no voice right now. Wispering everything to my husband. I feel tired but don’t have that nervousness going on like I had before! And I am sleeping! I’m actually sleeping. Normally you would see me posting like around 2 or 3 in the morning. I went to bed last night at 10 and did not wake up but 1 time and that was to pee and then I went back to bed and slept until 10:30 this morning. It was so nice sleeping in! Ohh it feels so good to sleep. That surgery was well worth it. I see improvement! Although I am sore from the surgery and weak feeling, I see an improvement! Just hope no attack on my nervous system. But not going to think negative here! Thinking only positive! Before my surgery, I had the shakes in my hands like a drug addict or alcoholic would have going through detox! My whole body was shaking with tremors and I was popping out in sweats really bad. Like I was going through withdraw on something. Since that surgery, I have stopped the tremors and shakes and actually sleeping now. I too felt like my body was going to start crawling the walls like I was going to go insane and that has eased up some. Felt my body feeling hyper and now it feels better. Still having adjustments but seem to be far more better than I was. I feel weak and tired but it actually feels good feeling calmed down now! The sleep! Ohh thank-you God! ๐Ÿ˜€ I actually did not even want to wake up this morning. I just wanted to sleep away. Totally sleep and sleep and sleep. My husband has been so used to waking up in the mornings seeing me on the den sofa with my eyes wide open and I even shocked him this morning. I was in our bed family! ๐Ÿ˜€ Was in the bed! Not on the sofa! I hate that sofa! I hope to someday save enough money and get a new sofa. Nothing really wrong with my den sofa except for staring at the color and seeing myself everynight on the thing. And then looking at the ceiling all the time. If I get much better than I am now, I swear I will redo that ceiling color! Better yet redo the entire den! Get rid of all the bad memories in that one room. Time for me to get offline and go lay down again. Overdoing it and don’t want to do that! Especially when I am starting to just feel better! Hugs everyone!
      LindaH

• Anonymous
      October 2, 2008 at 8:39 pm

Linda glad you got some good sleep.

Take Care

Sue

• Anonymous
      October 3, 2008 at 7:42 am

so glad you are home Linda. AND feeling better. Hopefully you will continue to improve daily and get the rest of the answers you need.

Rest while you can…so glad you got some sleep, too ! Let hubby pamper you for a few days.

take care,
      Stacey

• Anonymous
      October 3, 2008 at 11:04 am

So glad you are feel a little better and sleeping. My prayer continue to with your and your family.