GBS Theatre Troupe presents ‘The Great Race"

• Anonymous
      June 12, 2006 at 1:52 pm

Dear Friends:

I welcome all of you to join in the playing of another GBS theatrical production of “The Great Race”. Everyone is welcome to join in. All you need is a good imagination. If you haven’t seen the movie “The Great Race” that is not going to be a problem. Actually trying to follow a preset story line may just bog down the story. So dream up a car and a character (the quirkier the better) and let the race begin!

• Anonymous
      June 12, 2006 at 2:12 pm

“Hey Theodore! Look at this!”

“Dude, it’s too early in the morning to read, your going to have to read it to me. What time is it anyway?”

“It’s two thirty in the afternoon, Dude get your knickers on we got work to do!”

“Huh?”

“It’s a race, Theodore! A race around the world! We got the fastest car in the county, maybe even the whole state. We can win this thing. The prize is ten-thousand dollars. Let’s pimp up our ride and head up to New York City”

“Dude, I’m like totally stoked. When does the race start? Let’s see the poster. Hmmmm…….sponsored by the New York Picayune…..Oh here it is….October 4th 1915. Dude that’s only three weeks from now! There’s no way we can get ready, man.”

“Sure there is, let’s get all the kids at the grange hall to pitch in and help! We can offer them a share in the prize money. We need to start thinking of everything we need to win this race. It’s going to take a lot of “Cheesy Doodles” to keep us nourished and on our toes. We can practice going longer and longer between bathroom breaks. That will give us 10 minutes advantage a day….”

“Dude, lets practice whizzing while the car is moving and we’ll save 20 minutes a day!”

“Theodore, we can convert the boiler on our car to run on organic plant materials. We will never have to worry about finding a gas station!”

“Dude, like we are so going to win this race!”

“No doubt, Theodore!”

• Anonymous
      June 12, 2006 at 10:03 pm

Ok boyz listen up.
      Word is them fellers that live above the manson nixon line is havin a car race. Winner gets, ah,, 50 dollars. *exclamations all around* Heres the plan.
      We take the hauler, tune it up a bit, Fill up the shine tank. That way we can switch over to shine when we run outta gas. Everyone else will have to stop and gass up. We won’t have to make a gass stop. Then we put a little weed under the seat for the ride up there. When We get there, we put on some country music, pass out a few fat splifs, and most of em will forget what they are there for in the first place. Shucks, wet em with a water hose, they will think they at woodstock .*laughs**time traveler*
      *everyone cheers for soapy*
      Winner Tennessee….
      known world wide for its
      Music,
      (Link deleted by administration)

Moonshine,

and Weed.

Git er done!

• Anonymous
      June 12, 2006 at 11:10 pm

I’m at the starting line with my TIN LIZZIE. I think I’m in position number three. My TIN LIZZIE is named LIZZIE-MAY. I am going to tow an outhouse behind LIZZIE-MAY.

• Anonymous
      June 13, 2006 at 12:00 pm

Gentlemen and Ladies “Start your engines please.”

Lee, can I ride my Harley, I don’t want to drive a car.

• Anonymous
      June 14, 2006 at 11:36 am

Hey Brandy,
      You can drive anything in “the great race”. Use your imagination:D

• Anonymous
      June 14, 2006 at 1:47 pm

Maybe I’ll drive a Fire Truck instead. I have to think about what I really want to drive. The Harley would go faster then the truck and I can manuever around all of you riding in cars.

Okay, it’s the Harley, Marge hop on back, I’ll give you the ride of your life,
      then we’ll meet up with the Fire Chief and have a few drinks. How does that sound Sis?;) ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Anonymous
      June 14, 2006 at 9:10 pm

All set to go, Brandy! Have jewelry, will travel.

Revvvvvvvvvvvvvv!
      Marge

• Anonymous
      June 18, 2006 at 2:49 pm

“Hey Theodore, maybe we ride motorcycles instead of our car, they’d be great where the roads are terrible.”

“No way dude, the race is from New York City to Paris. We are going to have to drive across the Berings Strait. We’ll freeze the ball-bearings off the motorcycle.”

“Hey Theodore, how come you know so much about all that?”

“Dude, I looked at a map. It’s going to be a long hard journey.”

“How hard?”

“See for yourself, there isn’t a Stuckey’s anywhere west of Missouri. We are going to have to go seven-eighths of the way around the world without a Pecan Nut Roll.”

“That’s harsh, Theodore. We’ll have to drive fast to make it all bearable.”

“You got that right, now let’s load up and get to New York City”

• Anonymous
      June 18, 2006 at 6:48 pm

Aha! The fools didn’t check their copy of Why I Love New York and are coming into Manhattan the same night as the circus. If we outmanuver them at the Queens Midtown Tunnel, they’ll be stuck between the elephants and the giant elephant pooper scoopers.

Go, Thelma, go!

(Bobby Darin singing Slip Sliding Away in the background)

• Anonymous
      June 18, 2006 at 7:36 pm

Oh great elephant dung on a 90+ degree day. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

I’ll take the GW Bridge and come down to Manhatten Louise, Be ready.:)

I was called a “Bad Ass Mamma” by a guy today when he saw my tattoo.:D

I’m looking at getting another one of 2 dolphins and a heart on my right calf.
      Doc David will have a comment or 2 for me I hope. Now I’ll have 2 calves mooing. Can’t ride a Harley without tattooes.

• Anonymous
      June 18, 2006 at 8:09 pm

[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorchid]Ah, yes…[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
      [FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=#9932cc]I’ve grown my token 11-acres of corn so now I can fuel my car for a year. Even threw in some popcorn for variety. Popcorn gives you a lot of pop for your corn. Works great under the ol’ tires when spinning on ice, too. And folks think we are backwards in I-O-WAY. Sheeee-ooot.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      June 18, 2006 at 8:36 pm

“Boy Howdy, Theodore, look at all this manure.”

“No time to get homesick, Dude, we got a race to win!”

“It’s not that, if those giraffes let fly, there isn’t a windshield wiper in the world that will suffice.”

“Dude, I told you we should have brought our “Why I Love New York” guidebook. It’s like we were the only people in the planet who didn’t know about the circus.”

“I know, let’s drive down that tunnel, we have to get to the starting line on time. Hey Theodore, just what exactly is a subway?”

• Anonymous
      June 19, 2006 at 3:38 am

Quick stop at my apartment, Thelma, for a change of clothes and jewelry. Doorman will protect the Harley, open the champagne, and give you a backrub. We really need to get our hair done.

Louise

• Anonymous
      June 19, 2006 at 8:36 am

AHA, Thelma and Louise forgot I’m a Long Island girl, I got me and Lizzie on the ferry and I’m already out of New York.

• Anonymous
      June 22, 2006 at 1:20 pm

Holy Cow!!! The umbrellas in Lee’s hair are twirling. Either he has been eating a lot of chili or he’s found a new hybrid vehicle. Thelma, I’m throwing a lassssssssssssssssso!

• Anonymous
      June 23, 2006 at 12:01 am

I love my car. It is the Newton-mobile. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Now if I can just aim my exhaust tube in the right direction…. POP !!! POW !!! HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!

Pretty dang noisy. It sure ain’t silent but deadly. I sure hope I can make vehicle modifications along the way !! This is the early 1900’s and I don’t have a clear understanding of “fuel cell”.

Where is the starting line? Where is everyone else???? Where is my hat???

I need plate of beanie-weenie

• Anonymous
      June 23, 2006 at 8:25 am

He He He, I’m Already Out Of New York. A Motorcycle Can’t Carry Alot Of Supplies, So Thelma And Louise Have To Make Stops. Nobody Knows What I Have Hidden In My Tin Lizzies Boot. When I Pass Through Iowaaaaay, I’ll Steal Some Corn.

• Anonymous
      June 23, 2006 at 9:59 am

Thelma and Louise only need the saddle bags attached to my”Purple Rose Harley” to carry the jewelry. We must be decked out in our finest gems.
      I can ride that baby very hard and fast. So one bag for gems and one bag for food. We’ll eat as we ride. We’ll have on layers of clothing, this way we can discard them as we’re riding.

[B]Let’s hit the road Louise.[/B] We can out manuever these cars in a flash.

๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

• Anonymous
      June 23, 2006 at 1:05 pm

Theodore’s Journal:

We finally got to the starting line and are now on the road. It was a bit rough getting to the start line on time. Those underground trains are sure reluctant to yield the right-of-way. I don’t know what their problem was, we were driving on the right side of the tunnel.

In New York they have a strange way of waving hello to you. Back home we raise all our fingers when we want to say ‘Howdy neighbor’ to someone. It’s an interesting custom they have, but it is probably not going to be the last strange custom we see on our trip.

We are going into the wild country of Indiana and Iowa tommorrow. Heaven knows what we will find there. I hear the natives are pretty strange there.

Dude thinks were in second place right now, trailing only the babes on that two wheeled noisy thing. Were not too worried though. That motorcycle is leaking oil out of it’s every pore. I can’t be sure how long it’s going to last.

• Anonymous
      June 23, 2006 at 2:01 pm

I Had To Come Back On The Ferry And Start Over Again!!! The Rules Say The Race Starts In New York City, Not New York State. With The Help Of What I Have Hidden In Lizzie, I”m On The Road Again.

• Anonymous
      June 23, 2006 at 2:29 pm

Victor is delivering a Margarita pizza to us at the corner of 27th and 7th. Do you want pepperoni, Thelma? Ummmmmm. Pizza and Diet Coke, the breakfast of champions.

Regards,
      Louise

• Anonymous
      June 23, 2006 at 8:01 pm

Pepperoni pizza sounds good to me Louise, thank you Victor.I want booze not diet coke, where the hell is the vodka Victor? If he thinks he’s keeping it for his Russian ass he’s mistaken. I will put the Italian curse on him.

That’s not my hog leaking oil, must be somebody else’s car or bike. Mine had a tune up before we left. Hope we don’t get a flat tire though, then we’re screwed.

Lee, so glad you like the New York wave, it’s unique isn’t it? ๐Ÿ˜€

• Anonymous
      June 23, 2006 at 8:18 pm

“Hey dude, were in Illinois now.”

“You know Theodore, I miss New York.”

“Me too, they were all so friendly. Everyone we saw gave us the New York wave.”

“Let’s try the wave when we get to Chicago. I bet they are every bit as friendly as the New Yorkers.”

• Anonymous
      June 23, 2006 at 10:53 pm

There”s A Flood Warning In Effect For The Tri-state Area, Hope That Motorcycle Can Swim

• Anonymous
      June 24, 2006 at 11:57 am

My Hog has floaters, no need to worry about us sinking in the water.

Can’t wait to see Lee give the fine people of Chicago the New York wave, that should be interesting. Hope that car of yours moves very fast Lee.

Hey, where’s Marc?

• Anonymous
      June 24, 2006 at 10:14 pm

Does anybody know how to wind up a crankshaft?

• Anonymous
      June 24, 2006 at 11:26 pm

Not really, Dick, but we can identify a number of cranks. Would you like a piece of pepperoni?

Regards,
      Marge

• Anonymous
      June 24, 2006 at 11:56 pm

I love pepperoni. It is round, like my wheels.

Flywheels, crankshafts, everything else. Too much for my little head. I think it is time for pizza and a coke.

By the way, What color is required for this race? I still need to paint my Newton-Mobile. I know the right paint job will increase my speed by 2.26%. I don’t want to be disqualified before I start.

• Anonymous
      June 25, 2006 at 1:35 pm

“Dude, get your tongue back in your head. You can’t eat the Newton Mobile.”

“But Theodore, I love Fig Newtons and were almost out of Cheesy Doodles.”

“Dude, the car isn’t made out of Fig Newtons. The ‘Newton’ part refers to Isaac Newton’s First Law of Motion.”

“Theodore, what in the world are you talking about?”

“Isaac Newton’s First Law of Motion states that for each action there is an equal and opposite reaction.”

“Oh I get it, like when I fart in the bathtub, it pushes me forward.”

“Exactly, Dude. The Newton Mobile uses this principle to propel itself forward.”

“Okay Theodore, if you think you are so smart, then why didn’t they call it a Fart Mobile?”

“Dude, if you promise to be quiet for the next 45 miles, I will get you a Pecan roll at the next Stuckey’s, it’s just this side of Chicago.”

“That would be awesome Theodore, in the meantime I can practice my wave!!”

“Practice your wave, Dude, it’s going to be a long trip.”

• Anonymous
      June 30, 2006 at 9:12 pm

They’re eating fig newtons, Thelma. Let’s close down all the bathrooms between New York and California (evil laughter).

Cheers,
      Louise

• Anonymous
      July 1, 2006 at 2:30 pm

Yum…the perfect meal: Margarita pizza, fig newtons and Earl Gray tea.

Cheers,
      Marge

• Anonymous
      July 1, 2006 at 4:43 pm

Hang on Marge, I’m trying to get the attention of those sexy Firemen up ahead of us. Brandy goes “mach” to catch those sexy devils.;) ๐Ÿ˜‰

Yoohoo oh Yoohoo cute Firemen can we get a ride on that truck?;) ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Anonymous
      July 2, 2006 at 10:24 am

Please don’t try and speculate on the eventual dynamics of the Newton-mobile. It is highly secret(hic). I will be able to harness the power(hic) and propel the Newton-mobile to victory(hic).

I am in New York, ready to fire one up… I mean ready to fire up the vehicle. If you all have a weeks head start that will be like a head’s weak fart (hic) (hic)……

WOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW !!!!!!!!!!!

Here I come !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous
      July 2, 2006 at 10:54 am

MAYBE MY TEDDY BEAR NEWTON FIG CAN RIDE IN THE NEWTON MOBILE.:cool:

• Anonymous
      July 3, 2006 at 4:21 pm

Brandy and I have packed jewelry, a couple of changes of underwear and a cell phone programmed to locate the nearest good Italian restaurant. Somehow (probably because we have been married) we suspect men have brought beer, desert, and one change of underwear.

Regards,
      Marge

• Anonymous
      July 7, 2006 at 9:08 am

[QUOTE=marguerite]Brandy and I have packed jewelry, a couple of changes of underwear and a cell phone programmed to locate the nearest good Italian restaurant. Somehow (probably because we have been married) we suspect men have brought beer, [B]desert, and one change of underwear.[/B]
      Regards,
      Marge[/QUOTE]

I knew we forgot something.

• Anonymous
      July 7, 2006 at 5:07 pm

Guess what desert is?

Regards,
      Louise

• Anonymous
      July 7, 2006 at 5:33 pm

whut fer dessert?

• Anonymous
      July 7, 2006 at 5:58 pm

Come to the motorcycle, Sweetie.

Love,
      Louise

• Anonymous
      July 9, 2006 at 10:17 pm

Thelma and I are changing directions…forward to Milan/Rome/Naples/Sicily!!!!!

Cheers,
      Louise

• Anonymous
      July 11, 2006 at 12:01 pm

Oh my I must see those cutey Italian men of the World cup. Hold on Marge, we will be traveling at the highest speeds after getting off the plane. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Anonymous
      July 11, 2006 at 1:10 pm

First one to touch an Italian guy wins!

Regards,
      Marge

• Anonymous
      July 12, 2006 at 12:12 pm

Hey Sis,

Doesn’t matter if I touch last, I still win baby. Anytime you can touch an Italian man, you’re a winner. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Anonymous
      March 8, 2008 at 2:56 pm

[FONT=”Comic Sans MS”][SIZE=”3″][I]Hey Ya’ll,
      Thanks for the laughs! Wish I’d been there
      Just curious though, who won?
      Thanx again for brightening my day! ๐Ÿ˜€
      Veronica[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

• August 28, 2008 at 1:54 pm

Marge,

The best Margarita pizza on the planet is found in a restaurant called Grotto’s in Houston … Westheimer at 610 loop … mmmmm. Earl Grey Tea is my favorite hot tea. Love fig newtons too, but never tried the 3 together as a combo meal.

My wife and I have Chocolate Coma Cookies (Diane Mott Davidson recipe) every evening … they fuel this newtonian machine quite nicely…

I’m drooling on the keyboard. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Gary

• Anonymous
      August 28, 2008 at 3:21 pm

It was quite a shock to see this thread come back to the top again.

I read it and cried thinking of Marge and the fun that her and I had. Then I thought about her being with my Frank in Heaven and causing God to shake his head.

We will always be Thelma and Louise the 2 crazies who kept these forums hopping and full of controversy. God I miss my sister, my best friend.

• Anonymous
      August 28, 2008 at 11:47 pm

Donna, I miss Her also. You 2 always made me laugh!!:D There is one Big Party going on up there!!!:) Keep Those Memories Alive, Donna! Take Care!

• Anonymous
      August 29, 2008 at 11:32 am

OMG that was great….you guys should go into business! Thanks for the good laugh! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      August 29, 2008 at 7:35 pm

Friends:

We used to have at least one serial play acting thread going almost all of time. It takes a commitment to post regularly of about ten people to do one right. If you are interested let me know. They are a lot of fun but they do require a certain dedication from a number of people.

Lee