GBS Symposium

• Anonymous
      August 11, 2006 at 10:28 pm

I made flight and room reservation for Symposium in Nov. Will bring my wheelchair and daughter to help. It is hard to believe there are no grab bars in the shower, but that’s what they told me when I made the reservation. I was wondering who is going from this forum. Am looking forward to meeting you.

Peg

• Anonymous
      August 12, 2006 at 10:31 am

Hello Peggy,
      I am going to the symposium and I too will be traveling in a wheelchair. I did not as yet ask what the shower and bathroom were like, but have learned from experience that when we are told a bathroom is wheelchair accessible, IT DOES NOT “ALWAYS” MEET OUR NEEDS. Take a walker with you and a rubber bath mat, those will help. If your wheelchair can go in shower, that will help too.

• Anonymous
      August 12, 2006 at 3:58 pm

Hey Peg I will be there in November also, looking forward to meeting you.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      August 12, 2006 at 10:51 pm

Hi Liz and Jerimy, I’m very excited about meeting you both. I read the psts almost every day and feel I already know the both of you. I don’t always post because I have difficulty typing. Thanks for the tips, Liz.

Peg

• Anonymous
      August 13, 2006 at 10:17 pm

Hi Peggy,

Ben and I will be there too!

Shannon

• Anonymous
      August 14, 2006 at 11:03 pm

hey guys..i’m still trying. i havn’t given up hope yet..keep your fingers crossed.

sherry