GBS survivor and a MSU graduate

• Anonymous
      March 4, 2007 at 8:13 am

Friends,

I haven’t posted much lately but wanted to share one more goal that Brandy (GBS 8/3/99) has achieved. On May 4th, 2007 Brandy will graduate from Michigan State University with a BS in Human Ecology, Child Development. Although the road has been a bit bumpy at times she was determined to finish her degree in 4 years. Her future plans? Back to school for a MS in pediatric nursing. GBS altered her life but it also altered her plans for her future for the best.

Our continued wishes, thoughts and prayers for all suffering through the many stages of GBS. May all of you have as wonderful a recovery as Brandy has been blessed with.

Love and sunshine to all of you!
      ~Maggie~

• Anonymous
      March 4, 2007 at 4:08 pm

Maggie,

As you know I am one of Brandy’s biggest fans and I am so thrilled about her graduating from college this year. It’s been a long road for Brandy and look at all that she has done. I am so proud of her. Give her a big hug and kiss from this Brandy.

Congratulations Brandy ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      March 4, 2007 at 7:29 pm

Brandy you bet I will give her a great big hug and a kiss from you. She truly has been my hero, my little miracle, my inspiration. There will be no prouder parent or person sitting in the audience on May 4th. After graduation, I am taking her back to England for the vacation she never got, to revisit the places where all this began and as a kick off to her new path in life.

~Maggie~

• Anonymous
      March 5, 2007 at 12:59 am

Maggie,

I am so happy to hear that she is on track to graduate. If you can get her to come visit again I will take you guys to lunch/dinner on me for her graduation. Get in touch when you have a chance and we can plan something.

Jer

• Anonymous
      May 2, 2007 at 8:51 pm

Folks,

Brandy is finishing up her last paper and then……………………………come Friday Convocation and Saturday she will walk across the stage at Breslin Center and she will become a MSU Graduate. On Monday, she will begin her internship at Sparrow Hospital, in the Pediatric Ward. Dreams really do come true and sometimes there is a silver linning in a very dark cloud.
      My wish for each of you is that you too will find your silver linning.

~Maggie~

• Anonymous
      May 3, 2007 at 6:17 am

Congrads! I am so happy for you and Brandy. Good luck to her and her intern ship at Sparrow. May all her dreams come true.

• Anonymous
      May 3, 2007 at 11:13 pm

Hi Maggie,

I am so happy to hear about Brandy. What an inspiration she is to all of us.

Take lots of pictures and try to post them please.

[SIZE=”5″]3 Cheers For Miss Brandy.:) Tell Brandy Congratulations from her friend the other Brandy. Give her a big hug from me too.[/SIZE]

• Anonymous
      August 2, 2007 at 8:09 am

Friends,

For those of you that know my Brandy’s story this is an update for tomorrow we will celebrate her 8 year anniversary date 8/3/99 of GBS. For those new to the site I hope this post will serve as an inspiration and give hope that there is life after GBS.
      Stricken with GBS at 14, watching a once health active 14 year old child melt into a hospital bed, was the tuffest thing this Mom will ever do. Today, it makes me the proudest Mom anywhere. Although Brandy’s recovery was slow and we all had to learn a lot of patience, once she began to recovery there was no stopping her. She not only finsihed high school #1 Suma Cum Lada, she finished her Bachelor’s degree at MSU in 4 years (a goal she set for herself) and managed to finish her last two semesters with perfect 4.0’s for an over all GPA of 3.596, all while particiapting in MSU’s marching band (color guard) and working a few hours a week. Yesterday, she began her temporary new career as a pre-school teacher as she’ll return to college in the fall to complete her master’s in pediatric nursing. For Brandy, GBS set her career goals “Pediatric Nursing” and thankfully because she has recovered so well she will meet those goals.
      Wishing you all the best recovery ever and hoping that all your wishes and dreams come true, today, tomorrow and always!

• Anonymous
      August 6, 2007 at 1:42 am

Maggie, That is Just Wonderful News!! I’m sooo Happy for Brandy and for You, I can hear how proud You are of Her. She will be A Great Peds Nurse!!! Please Give Brandy a Huge Hug for me, and Here’s one For You also. You Both ROCK!!!!!:)

• Anonymous
      August 14, 2007 at 6:42 pm

[SIZE=”6″]For The Other Brandy

I have been so proud of you when I listen to your Mom’s stories of how you have succeeded on beating this illness. You have been one of our truly inspirational, success stories. I have cheered you on from afar and hugged you from afar for many years now and will continue to do so. So “go get em girl” and be the best nurse that you can be.

Love the Other Brandy ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ [/SIZE]