GBS questions?

• Anonymous
      October 10, 2006 at 9:08 am

Hello, I’m trying to find some help for my uncle who has had GBS for a year now and is in financial need and also emotional help. If anyone know of any support groups that could help us that are close to my area, please let me know. I live in the TampaBay area and would greatly appreciate any information. Thank you.

• Anonymous
      October 10, 2006 at 9:25 am

hi chela & welcome,

have him join this forum. it is the best for emotional support. which is closest to you – delray, miami, vero, hobe sound, tallahassee, pensacola, jacksonville, or orlando? take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      October 10, 2006 at 9:36 am

We are closer to Orlando. At this time he can’t join the forum, he is still at a nursing home being cared for. He is 52 years old and really needs some help. Any feedback will help us. Thank you 😀

• Anonymous
      October 10, 2006 at 10:58 am

Hi Chela and welcome,

Check this site out [COLOR=Blue]needymeds.com [SIZE=1][COLOR=Black](cut and paste into browser) [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=Black]It has links to state, federal and local programs for assistance. It also has links for help with the cost of prescriptions. I hope that helps. Take care and glad you found the forum.

Jerimy
      [/COLOR][/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      October 10, 2006 at 3:09 pm

chela,

mr. ian harper 407-850-9402 orlando

chapter are autonomous so you never can tell what you’ll get. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      October 10, 2006 at 4:07 pm

Chela – I live in Tampa and my Nero, opthomolgist, etc. are all from University of South FL – they also have mental health Drs as well. I do know that they and Tampa General take patient that do not have insurance, etc. My first suggestion is if your Dr. did not have any info for you I would drop him/her. My Dr. is Dr. Chichicova and she has experience with GBS – although I had Miller Fisher (3/06 and I am 59) a variant of GBS – phone #974-2201 – she or someone from there can tell you about where to find your other needs – if not let me know and I will find out for you.
      Best of luck to you and you are wonderful for trying to help.
      Sally